Non - Pandemic

The roads from the North, Midlands and London into Devon, Cornwall and Somerset are heaving tonight..suitcases, surfboards and sh*theads ...standby for the 3rd wave... could be absolutely devastating for the South West.

B@stards.
Unless you run a hospitality or other public facing business in the south west that's been shut for most of the last 13 months - in which case it's a lifeline. Which let’s face it is a big part of the South West economy and employment.

Though any of us who live in Bournemouth will sympathise at the frustrations the large tourist hordes bring!

It's entirely possible we will see an untick in cases as each of the restrictions lift. All be it an uptick from a low base. In time we'll need to decide as a country whether we're concerned about increased case numbers that no longer translate into correspondingly increased hospital stays or deaths, because of vaccines.

Is it a 'wave' if the NHS is minimally impacted by the cases? Genuinely unsure.

Unless you run a hospitality or other public facing business in the south west that's been shut for most of the last 13 months - in which case it's a lifeline. Which let’s face it is a big part of the South West economy and employment.

Though any of us who live in Bournemouth will sympathise at the frustrations the large tourist hordes bring!

It's entirely possible we will see an untick in cases as each of the restrictions lift. All be it an uptick from a low base. In time we'll need to decide as a country whether we're concerned about increased case numbers that no longer translate into correspondingly increased hospital stays or deaths, because of vaccines.

Is it a 'wave' if the NHS is minimally impacted by the cases? Genuinely unsure.

We had all this last summer in both Bournemouth and Cornwall with no associated uptick. I think people just like moaning about tourists, which is a odd thing to do if you've chosen to live in Bournemouth or Cornwall.

Ignorance is Bliss/ Modern British style.
Celeb and Fu√ckaday Culture!

This Pandemic is still in Crisis Mode as long as even a small percentage of idiots throw Discipline to the wind....and have no respect for those that have died or are in the process of Dying. - Death. Dead. Deceased - ...from an Epidemic that was almost under control but for a few more months of sacrifices.

The backboneless bastards that are putting their leisure interests before the Wellbeing of the Nation...and their own Kin...are a f√cking disgrace...
Nurses, Doctors, Bus Drivers, Taxi and Ambulance Drivers - Dustmen and others in the Service Sectors have put their lives on the line for us over this past year.

If any dumb f√cker with a surfboard stops off here for poxy energy drinks on his way to Newquay...and he is unfortunate enough to enter my square yard..I'll wrap the f√cking thing round his skinny brain!

This is one angry dumb tourist infested f√cking county...I tell you that for f√ck-all.

My missus is a quivering wreck after observing the heavy tourist traffic on the A38 last night.
She has a severe low immunity problem from the ravages radiotherapy and chemotherapy....ok she gets her 2nd jab in a few weeks...but the fear is there.
I dare not put Sport on the television...she goes into one unholy rage !

Thats what its like for many people in certain similar situations around the Nation...having to see on the News...thick and selfish f√ckers undoing all the good work so far enacted by brave servers to Call of Duty .

Last edited:

This Pandemic is still in Crisis Mode as long as even a small percentage of idiots throw Discipline to the wind....and have no respect for those that have died or are in the process of Dying. - Death. Dead. Deceased - ...from an Epidemic that was almost under control but for a few more months of sacrifices.

The backboneless bastards that are putting their leisure interests before the Wellbeing of the Nation...and their own Kin...are a f√cking disgrace...
Nurses, Doctors, Bus Drivers, Taxi and Ambulance Drivers - Dustmen and others in the Service Sectors have put their lives on the line for us over this past year.

If any dumb f√cker with a surfboard stops off here for poxy energy drinks on his way to Newquay...and he is unfortunate enough to enter my square yard..I'll wrap the f√cking thing round his skinny brain!

This is one angry dumb tourist infested f√cking county...I tell you that for f√ck-all.

My missus is a quivering wreck after observing the heavy tourist traffic on the A38 last night.
She has a severe low immunity problem from the ravages radiotherapy and chemotherapy....ok she gets her 2nd jab in a few weeks...but the fear is there.

Thats what its like for many people in certain similar situations a round the Nation...having to see on the News...thick and selfish f√ckers undoing all the good work so far enacted by brave servers to Call of Duty .
Without wishing to upset you or to make light of your wifes situation and bearing in mind that COVID will probably never be totally eradicated how much longer would you want Cornwall to be totally locked down for ? Until everyones vaccinated twice ? A level of cases of X number. Serious question.

Without wishing to upset you or to make light of your wifes situation and bearing in mind that COVID will probably never be totally eradicated how much longer would you want Cornwall to be totally locked down for ? Until everyones vaccinated twice ? A level of cases of X number. Serious question.

OK.. I'd say a Lockdown of some fairly high degree could be for another few months...I don't know the future.. I'm Out on this now..Ive Said my Say....others can have theirs.

Thats what its like for many people in certain similar situations a round the Nation...having to see on the News...thick and selfish f√ckers undoing all the good work so far enacted by brave servers to Call of Duty .
All the best to your other half. The pair of you can take things at your own pace.

That part did make me laugh :D

Price for living in a fairly Liberal/free country.

Always going to be an element of people going crazy once lock down eased.

OK.. I'd say a Lockdown of some fairly high degree could be for another few months...I don't know the future.. I'm Out on this now..Ive Said my Say....others can have theirs.

We have different ‘camps’ on this forum re how things should proceed.

Those who take the cautious approach to an unknown enemy and even though vaccinated follow the code that Boris now uses at his press conferences.

Then there are others who want to move things quicker and forget the cautious approach, certain mob of back bench MP’s, including some from our area and nearby.

Then there are probably some not sure one way or the other.

Only time will tell in the months ahead what the outcome will be.

As you grow up you you tend to way things up more than in younger days when you might act impulsively and regret it, it’s a learning curve of life.

We may not agree with others, but everybody is entitled to their opinion which is NOT the case in some other countries as we see and hear on the news.

Hope your wife gets adequate protection from the vaccine.

How long do you suggest we should be kept away from one another for? Another month? Year? Decade?

All vulnerable people and over 50s have had the chance to be vaccinated. We're told it prevents pretty much 100% of serious illness. We need to get on with our lives now

In short yes we do want to take the risk.
I did say it's probably scaremongering and I'm certainly not suggesting what you claim. All I'm saying is to take it easy until we know how the various steps are affecting things rather than rushing out as if there is no chance of anything getting worse again. I'm all for total relaxation of all the rules but am willing to be patient for a little longer. And I believe it's quite possible to have the virus and pass it on even if fully vaccinated.

From Sky news website 9.45 am today.

Last three paras.

Speaking to BBC Breakfast, Professor Finn said: "I certainly for one am going to continue to take a lot of care to avoid exposing myself to other people and to avoid exposing other people to me over the coming weeks and months.

"I'm going to wear a mask outside. I'm going to continue to use hand hygiene and I'm going to avoid close social contact.

"I think we all need to continue to do that otherwise there is a real risk that there will be another surge in cases and we'll start seeing hospitalisations and deaths again."

On Monday, pictures showed thousands of people across the UK enjoying their new freedoms and drinking in beer gardens and other outdoor venues.

Many did not appear to be socially distancing or wearing masks.

Prof Finn added: "If I did [go to a beer garden] I would certainly avoid contact with other people.

"I think the risks of transmissions outside are relatively low but not if you start coming into close contact with people... if you cough or sing or really basically confront someone in the face.

"If you happen to have the virus, and the virus is still circulating, then infections will occur."

We have different ‘camps’ on this forum re how things should proceed.

Those who take the cautious approach to an unknown enemy and even though vaccinated follow the code that Boris now uses at his press conferences.

Then there are others who want to move things quicker and forget the cautious approach, certain mob of back bench MP’s, including some from our area and nearby.

Then there are probably some not sure one way or the other.

Only time will tell in the months ahead what the outcome will be.

As you grow up you you tend to way things up more than in younger days when you might act impulsively and regret it, it’s a learning curve of life.

We may not agree with others, but everybody is entitled to their opinion which is NOT the case in some other countries as we see and hear on the news.

Hope your wife gets adequate protection from the vaccine.

Yeah thanks Billy..I agree about the learning curve aspect...I was very impulsive when younger... but a lot more measured and composed now with few regrets on my responses to events ..especially the important life affecting ones... :hmmm:

For half a million people, this is their last summer. It's a big order to tell them their last summer is to be spent in a sort of prison.

Johnson & Johnson Statement on COVID-19 Vaccine
NEW BRUNSWICK, N.J., April 13, 2021The safety and well-being of the people who use our products is our number one priority. We are aware of an extremely rare disorder involving people with blood clots in combination with low platelets in a small number of individuals who have received our COVID-19 vaccine. The United States Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Food and Drug Administration (FDA) are reviewing data involving six reported U.S. cases out of more than 6.8 million doses administered. Out of an abundance of caution, the CDC and FDA have recommended a pause in the use of our vaccine.
In addition, we have been reviewing these cases with European health authorities. We have made the decision to proactively delay the rollout of our vaccine in Europe.
https://www.jnj.com/johnson-johnson-statement-on-covid-19-vaccine

'They think it's all over' and idiots are forming crowds all over the place. It could possibly be all over for the vulnerable relative they go home and infect. I can understand the 'excitement' of being let out but for goodness sake keep it within the rules! Some scientists are predicting a massive third wave with 50-60000 deaths, probably scaremongering, but do we want to take the risk?
Well I went out today and people were behaving sensibly. Seems quite an over-reaction from you.

;