Non - Pandemic

Very surprised Boris is going to India and that they are NOT on the Red List.

The UK should be “terribly concerned” about the impact the Indian mutation of coronavirus could have if it takes hold in the country, an expert has warned.

Professor Danny Altmann, a professor of immunology, said he thought India “ought” to be placed on the Government’s “red list” of hotel quarantine countries as the variant first discovered there could “scupper” Boris Johnson’s road map out of lockdown.

Despite the warning, Downing Street insisted the Prime Minister’s trip to India later this month will go ahead, although it will be drastically scaled down.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/...-england-south-african-bbc-radio-b930159.html

The UK should be “terribly concerned” about the impact the Indian mutation of coronavirus could have if it takes hold in the country, an expert has warned.

Professor Danny Altmann, a professor of immunology, said he thought India “ought” to be placed on the Government’s “red list” of hotel quarantine countries as the variant first discovered there could “scupper” Boris Johnson’s road map out of lockdown.

Despite the warning, Downing Street insisted the Prime Minister’s trip to India later this month will go ahead, although it will be drastically scaled down.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/...-england-south-african-bbc-radio-b930159.html
Probably got a few of his MPs lined up for some private contracts.

These post Brexit deals need sorting. As he's had it, he's probably got anti-bodies now. Seriously though, we need to get back to normality. The only thing I've been allowed to do this year is work. (y)(y) What a wonderful life I lead.

I read that article but still didn't understand what his problem with the opposition leader is
I think, though I may be wrong, that he wanted more help for small businesses and lockdown measures were too harsh and should have been opposed by Labour. It was a bit difficult to decipher it amongst all the shouting though !!!!

So his problem is with government policy and he's blaming Starmer for it?
From what he said I think he expected Starmer to do more to change Gov't COVID policy. Would have been hard to do in view of Gov't majority but there were a couple of votes where if they had sided with Tory rebels they may have changed things - whether that would have been the right thing to do I don't know.

From what he said I think he expected Starmer to do more to change Gov't COVID policy. Would have been hard to do in view of Gov't majority but there were a couple of votes where if they had sided with Tory rebels they may have changed things - whether that would have been the right thing to do I don't know.

I think it's a fair assumption that he would have been exactly the same if it had been Johnson. I try not to criticise because its not my livelihood on the line. All I'll say is I'm no fan of bellowing at people being seen as a legit way of getting your point across.

I think it's a fair assumption that he would have been exactly the same if it had been Johnson. I try not to criticise because its not my livelihood on the line. All I'll say is I'm no fan of bellowing at people being seen as a legit way of getting your point across.
Almost certainly, but he was also claiming to have been a Labour voter all his life. Agree with the bellowing and shouting, certainly got some publicity for himself and his pub !!!!

;