Non - Pandemic

Suddenly, the sun is a reliable source of truth.

It's not necessarily the truth. They leak it to a paper on the Friday before a Monday announcement, assess the fallout then amend the policy if needs be. Often they'll announce a less bad option so people react more positively. It's not new, Blair's government used it all the time. It's abhorrent to use these tactics during a pandemic where people's lives and livelihoods are on the line though. Disgraceful.

They say it is to allow more vaccines to be done which I think would have been an quite obvious thing to do in the first place.

Have to say if we are going to keep moving back the dates for every variant though we might not ever get back to normal?

Me and my family are going to friends down your neck of the woods (Dorchester) next weekend so hope you are all behaving!

;)

As usual a date was set putting pressure and expectations on the Government to stick to it when that was probably unlikely.

As usual the government was kowtowing to the right wing press, business leaders and Tory donors rather than protecting the health of its own citizens.

They say it is to allow more vaccines to be done which I think would have been an quite obvious thing to do in the first place.

Have to say if we are going to keep moving back the dates for every variant though we might not ever get back to normal?

Me and my family are going to friends down your neck of the woods (Dorchester) next weekend so hope you are all behaving!

;)

As usual a date was set putting pressure and expectations on the Government to stick to it when that was probably unlikely.

Dorchester is a ‘red zone’ for Watford fans I’m afraid. :grinning:

Allowing for the lag on deaths following hospital admissions, there isn’t anything yet to suggest that deaths will spike like in previous waves.

Also the data on how two doses of the vaccine protects against the delta variant, there is at least a ceiling for those who are going to be infected and ultimately hospitalised.

Get 300,000 second doses done per day and that’s 2 million more people protected every week.

Give a couple of weeks for the protection to kick in and there’s nothing currently to suggest that everything won’t be looking rosy again with downwards pressure on community infections.

;)

Enjoy Dorchester. My close family all still live there. It’s a beautiful but boring place!

Whatever you think of the honours system, it’s good to see people connected with the vaccines and who have helped the NHS in different ways be given honours.

;