Non - Pandemic

They’re using the data now. Wtf is wrong with you?
What does the data say for 21 June go or no go ?

the data is starting to show hospitalisation and deaths linked to the delta variant... because enough time has passed for that to be observable

The data is supposed to assist the decision making rather than the decision making waiting for the data to catch up

What does the data say for 21 June go or no go ?

the data is starting to show hospitalisation and deaths linked to the delta variant... because enough time has passed for that to be observable

The data is supposed to assist the decision making rather than the decision making waiting for the data to catch up
Youre just being plainly stupid. You'll know the decision on Monday.

Should they make a decision before the data is ready? Tell us what you would do. Not just sentences of limited coherence. How would you do it?

The NHS have been at full stretch for many years, headlines have been around most of those years about 'being overwhelmed', this is not a new thing. And if they / Hancock still haven't sorted things out in the last 14 months, that is down to them. And they have just one role in life, to protect us! We cannot keep our lives on hold for them.

Is this actually a serious comment? Actually it is a new thing. In ICU when Covid was at its height, it went for 1 on 1 care to 1 to 4 (nurses to patients) per my wife’s experience. In “normal” times ICU is a tough job, but this took a serious toll on ICU staff. What about their physical and mental well being? And what happens when the NHS is overwhelmed to the point when everyone can’t be treated whether for Covid or another illness? That’s why there were lockdowns, to prevent this scenario. I’m pretty sure your view would change if it directly impacted you and your loved ones.

Is this actually a serious comment? Actually it is a new thing. In ICU when Covid was at its height, it went for 1 on 1 care to 1 to 4 (nurses to patients) per my wife’s experience. In “normal” times ICU is a tough job, but this took a serious toll on ICU staff. What about their physical and mental well being? And what happens when the NHS is overwhelmed to the point when everyone can’t be treated whether for Covid or another illness? That’s why there were lockdowns, to prevent this scenario. I’m pretty sure your view would change if it directly impacted you and your loved ones.
Hats off to your wife. An incredibly stressful and skilful job at the best of times, she and her colleagues deserve so much more than claps as reward for what they've done

I’m not sure who’s side I’m on but I assume it is common knowledge that based on current data they put it through a model to help determine future. Likely, using variables, having baseline, bad case, worst case scenarios that provide future data to the decision makers.

If this Indian Variant runs riot...we could be on Lockdowns like you couldn't imagine..proper Lockdowns this time with EVERY British Jack and Jill onboard....
...if were gonna do it..we do the b@stard Proper Like....hashtag Innit ...none of this snowflaking filth we've had from many Noncoms !...All for One..and One for All.

I was listening to a doctor who was talking on BBC radio this morning and she mentioned that out of 42 deaths, 12 were from fully vaccinated people from this Indian variant.

Hadn’t heard this before today.

But it seems it was in Friday’s Guardian.

In total, 383 people in England were admitted to hospital with the Delta variant over that period – 223 of whom tested positive for Covid before turning up at A&E – with 42 having had two doses of the jab, 86 having one dose and 251 unvaccinated.

Of the 42 deaths recorded in England within 28 days of a positive test involving the Delta variant, 23 were in unvaccinated people, with 12 among those who were fully vaccinated and seven among people who had had one dose.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jun/11/delta-variant-is-linked-to-90-of-covid-cases-in-uk

I thought I’d wake up to see Jim’s improved strategy for data analysis, and a step by step guide to better Pandemic decision making but this one appears to have gone in the too difficult box.

I honestly can't understand why he's arguing the point he is. What a hill to choose to die on! Upset that they need time to see the effects of a new variant to be able to assess the danger to the public. Bizarre.

I was listening to a doctor who was talking on BBC radio this morning and she mentioned that out of 42 deaths, 12 were from fully vaccinated people from this Indian variant.

In total, 383 people in England were admitted to hospital with the Delta variant over that period – 223 of whom tested positive for Covid before turning up at A&E – with 42 having had two doses of the jab, 86 having one dose and 251 unvaccinated.

Of the 42 deaths recorded in England within 28 days of a positive test involving the Delta variant, 23 were in unvaccinated people, with 12 among those who were fully vaccinated and seven among people who had had one dose.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jun/11/delta-variant-is-linked-to-90-of-covid-cases-in-uk
One presumes that they have looked at these 12 specific cases and tested whether (as is likely) they are people who are already ill and whose immune system was on its last legs. No vaccine works 100% with anybody, let alone the very old and sick.

One presumes that they have looked at these 12 specific cases and tested whether (as is likely) they are people who are already ill and whose immune system was on its last legs. No vaccine works 100% with anybody, let alone the very old and sick.

Yeh like the yearly Flu jab of pre-covid, one of the most effective placebo's ever dished out but the old, sick and vulnerable weren't not immortal to the Flu just because of a yearly jab, all it did was put their minds more at ease and this is no different, the main difference being the last year and a half of many people's lives decimated by bs political fraudulence and "expert" scientists outrageous lying making up their own scientific theories each week often contradicting each other and themselves, it's all theatrics for these egomaniacs they've become an extension of the media. celebrity politicians, celebrity scientists, celebrity journo's, celebrity refs, modernity.

The vaccine doesn’t make you immortal thankfully. Those figures should be heralded as a triumph.

I honestly can't understand why he's arguing the point he is. What a hill to choose to die on! Upset that they need time to see the effects of a new variant to be able to assess the danger to the public. Bizarre.
Assess applies to comparing actual with predicted.
Referring only to historic data tells only how bad or good things were at a past point in time.

Managing emergencies is explained in the national risk register.
Cobra is the vehicle for decision making.

The time to prepare for the new variant is when it is identified not when it is rampant.

Time to clap or boo the 21 July as the next freedom day dependent on the world beating success of the vaccine rollout.

I thought I’d wake up to see Jim’s improved strategy for data analysis, and a step by step guide to better Pandemic decision making but this one appears to have gone in the too difficult box.
Data analysis is different to managing the national emergency, a favoured distraction of Cummings.

Historic data may be referred to when making decisions but it doesn't make decisions.

The too difficult to deliver belongs squarely with the pm and cobra. The Boris apologists use it regularly when he fails to deliver.

;