Non - Pandemic

Got the jab at the BiC yesterday, really impressed with the set up. A bit of a queue but was out and done in less than 45 minutes. It's knocked me on my backside today though, can't remember anything making me this lethargic, legs feel like heavy jelly! All worth it though.
Had my second Pfizer jab on Wednesday- it has made me feel a bit rough for the last couple of days and my arm is more sore than the first one .....

Had my second Pfizer jab on Wednesday- it has made me feel a bit rough for the last couple of days and my arm is more sore than the first one .....

Same here with the arm. I had Pfizer too, we were talking at work and only know one person between us that has had an adverse reaction from the Pfizer.

I thought the consensus was that school infection rates usually reflected the community infection rate, so I think opening schools, in my opinion, would have been fine. In the US there is a lot of pressure from the Teachers Unions in when schools opened and/or how many days kids were in schools but this ran counter to the "science".

Agree, I believe that’s the way it would have gone as well. With infection rates dropping at a similar pattern to the general population. There was already reports and surveys back in December on this, but unions and social media whipped up a frenzy, using the unknown elements of the new variant to ignore the science.

What was all the more frustrating was the schools didn’t close anyway, many were still at 50% capacity which made the whole thing a mockery. They should never have been closed for almost 3 months.

Agree, I believe that’s the way it would have gone as well. With infection rates dropping at a similar pattern to the general population. There was already reports and surveys back in December on this, but unions and social media whipped up a frenzy, using the unknown elements of the new variant to ignore the science.

What was all the more frustrating was the schools didn’t close anyway, many were still at 50% capacity which made the whole thing a mockery. They should never have been closed for almost 3 months.
I think schools got unfairly lumped together with the Uni's where there was evidence of large increases in infection in some Uni towns when they went back.

Turkey going red was unexpected.

It’s because Istanbul is a major hub and is relatively inexpensive, so is being used to avoid hotel quarantine for travellers from the Indian sub-continent.

For example, you fly from Karachi to Istanbul, stay there for ten days and then fly to Heathrow. Bingo, no compulsory hotel quarantine. You could do the same via Dubai but ten days in Dubai would be much more expensive.

It’s because Istanbul is a major hub and is relatively inexpensive, so is being used to avoid hotel quarantine for travellers from the Indian sub-continent.

For example, you fly from Karachi to Istanbul, stay there for ten days and then fly to Heathrow. Bingo, no compulsory hotel quarantine. You could do the same via Dubai but ten days in Dubai would be much more expensive.
This was the conversation we were having in the pub garden 3 hours a go. You're bang on there.

The traffic light system for travel is already proved farcical. Gov integrity too after inviting covid Indian guests to G7. Yet the great British public overall seem to lap it up. There’s life Jim, but not as we know it.

Move it where they like, I won’t watch it, just had no interest in this competition at all or watching those two English clubs in the final.

Now our game today, that’s a different matter.
I don't know, Billy. I reckon Wednesday V Derby will be a better watch than our game.

https://twitter.com/vonderleyen
Happy to announce that
@EU_Commission
has just approved a contract for guaranteed 900 million doses (+900 million options) with
@BioNTech_Group
@Pfizer
for 2021-2023.
By securing up to 1.8 billion doses under a new contract with
@BioNTech_Group

@Pfizer
, we are reinforcing our preparedness for the years to come. And Europe will remain open. We will continue exporting vaccines, because vaccination is the lasting way out of this global pandemic.

Mini umbrella firms costing UK taxpayer millions

More than 40,000 people from the Philippines have been recruited to front British companies as part of schemes costing the UK "hundreds of millions of pounds" in lost taxes.
BBC Radio 4's File on 4 discovered more than 48,000 of these companies have been created in the past five years.
Some staff at NHS Covid test centres run by G4S have been employed by subcontractors in this kind of scheme.
G4S said that, when this came to its attention, HMRC was notified.
The company said it was taking steps to ensure that all agency workers were employed directly and not via a subcontractor.
Mini umbrella firms costing UK taxpayer millions - BBC News

So the speculation over the Great Relaxation is true.

Still no word on dogging though.

I really need to know where I stand.

Other than closer to the car..................................................

;