Non - Pandemic

Hasn't really answered the question to Jim.

P.S. If you think I'm gonna argue with you all night, think again and find someone else. :) (I put a smiley because red house might be lurking)

Not really worth much time arguing with people who would vote for Johnson tbh. I guess people that are into incompetent leadership might fancy it.

So, there's a General election tomorrow Jim, who do you vote for and why?

It's a hypothetical question of course, but interesting to know how you would vote.

For the party who put forward the policies that offer the balance between essential public service and fair reward for private enterprise.

The option to vote tactically shouldnt be dismissed.

Are you the same person that’s been knocking Stan for saying certain voters are thick?

I've not called voters thick. Unfortunately I agree with Cummings as I said yesterday - our political system gives voters terrible choices and if you dislike the other guy more than Johnson you've not got a lot of choice. So I can understand people voting Tory despite their inadequate leader.

Having said that I think anyone at this point who thinks Johnson is a good and competent leader of this country is either thick or lying. As I say I honestly don't think there are many who rate him in the conservative party let alone the wider public.

The country would have looked very different if Rory Stewart had become leader...

He might have made a good Mayor of London, but in the end didn’t stand.

Dominic Cummings mentioned yesterday that there are better people to be PM than Boris Johnson and Jeremy Corbyn out there, maybe he might be one of them.

When in the job and then having to do it is a lot different to being interviewed and saying what should be done.

A lot of people were against shutting schools as well.

With the pandemic whatever you do as PM you will upset someone and especially that lot on the back benches of your own party.

I've not called voters thick. Unfortunately I agree with Cummings as I said yesterday - our political system gives voters terrible choices and if you dislike the other guy more than Johnson you've not got a lot of choice. So I can understand people voting Tory despite their inadequate leader.

Having said that I think anyone at this point who thinks Johnson is a good and competent leader of this country is either thick or lying. As I say I honestly don't think there are many who rate him in the conservative party let alone the wider public.
The price the country pays for choosing personality over policy.
Cummings and boris are good at winning elections, one of them even won the election for leader of the party.
As long as he is seen as an asset to staying in power he will continue to lead the party. Never underestimate voter self interest and ill informed voting choices.
The much vaunted uk democracy delivers chope as an elected member time after time.

The price the country pays for choosing personality over policy.
Cummings and boris are good at winning elections, one of them even won the election for leader of the party.
As long as he is seen as an asset to staying in power he will continue to lead the party. Never underestimate voter self interest and ill informed voting choices.
The much vaunted uk democracy delivers chope as an elected member time after time.

I doubt you could point to a democracy where personality doesn't play a major role - that is what you get if you want a democracy.

not just a feature of democracy, mao, stalin, putin, pinochet, mugabe and others too many to mention.

Democracy is touted as the best option so how does it solve the problem that has resulted in Blair, Cameron, clegg, may, Johnson and anyone but corbyn?

not just a feature of democracy, mao, stalin, putin, pinochet, mugabe and others too many to mention.

Democracy is touted as the best option so how does it solve the problem that has resulted in Blair, Cameron, clegg, may, Johnson and anyone but corbyn?
Not by appointing Mao, Stalin, Putin, Pinochet, or Mugabe, anyway.

I can see your problem with democracy. It elects leaders who you personally disagree with, and the reason it elects them is that not enough people agree with you that these are the wrong leaders. And for that, the solution is simple. All you have to do is persuade enough people that the leaders you want are the ones they want as well, and Bob's your uncle. Democracy works.

So you're complaining about human nature then? I agree. Some humans do nothing but criticise and never offer up an alternative.

;