Non - Pandemic

As explained before, unfortunately if this is allowed to see cases increase dramatically we are then moving into an area of big disruption for schools as high community infection is likely to see classes sent home to isolate and so forth.

Or does that not matter?

It should not happen even if that's the case [ 'scuse the pun ], schools should never have been closed in the first place.

There’s the rub. All those screaming about their rights being eroded conveniently ignore the pressure on front line NHS staff. If you really want to talk about mental health issues, ask a nurse.

The NHS have been at full stretch for many years, headlines have been around most of those years about 'being overwhelmed', this is not a new thing. And if they / Hancock still haven't sorted things out in the last 14 months, that is down to them. And they have just one role in life, to protect us! We cannot keep our lives on hold for them.

It should not happen even if that's the case [ 'scuse the pun ], schools should never have been closed in the first place.

Didn’t mention closing schools. I said whole class bubbles being sent home due to a positive case in their bubble. That could be a child, teacher, teaching assistant.

If there is high community case rates the above is inevitable.

Didn’t mention closing schools. I said whole class bubbles being sent home due to a positive case in their bubble. That could be a child, teacher, teaching assistant.

If there is high community case rates the above is inevitable.

Maybe but no science to justify doing it.

The NHS have been at full stretch for many years, headlines have been around most of those years about 'being overwhelmed', this is not a new thing. And if they / Hancock still haven't sorted things out in the last 14 months, that is down to them. And they have just one role in life, to protect us! We cannot keep our lives on hold for them.

And who said empathy was dead?

Unbelievable post. I wonder if you'd be so glib, if you'd been in hospital during the pandemic. I have very personal experiences of the stress they've been under. I realise you are a shallow person looking to provoke by posting garbage.

You certainly don’t form your opinion based on facts. You’ve been asked many times to provide proof of your claims (risking health of kids by vaccinating them, millions suffering with mental health due to mask wearing) but you never do, preferring instead to refer to something on Twitter or one claim from a discredited doctor. There is no assessment of both sides from you, you have your agenda and are sticking to it relentlessly.

I too want all restrictions lifted, but any danger of a significant number of people ending up in ICU must be assessed, quantified and judged first.

Adam, you are annoying me now. I assume you are getting your news from the BBC?

Here is one newly published article to get you started on masks. Some of this is opinion shared by many, some is linked to actual studies but most sums up what many think about masks. All I ever said was there was no irrefutable evidence they work, science is split, hence why it should be a choice. Definite evidence available that shows the change into a mask mandate, despite science not changing, was so they could ramp up the fear factor in society and show passive compliance:

https://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/why-masks-must-go-on-june-21-and-never-come-back/

Here is just one link with regards children and vaccines. But most must surely realise that it's a very dodgy course to be taken? One scroll through Twitter and you will find a whole ton of people not happy with this. We know the various jabs cause side effects in many but adults mainly have the strength to fight them. Children do not. Whatever some say, all vaccines ARE experimental. Children have a tiny risk of covid and a tiny risk to even pass it on if they get it. So can you say the benefits of getting the jab into a twelve year outweigh the possible negative sides??

https://www.theweek.co.uk/news/scie...-behind-vaccinating-children-against-covid-19

When you even get an NHS Boss coming out and saying we have nothing to panic about, you do wonder what is happening with the likes of Hancock and the batty SAGE scientists.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ws/bolton-shows-vaccines-seem-broken-20748200

There is so much data available to show that we have been under the SAGE 'best case' lines for weeks now. Whether I find all the links and charts to share here doesn't change that. If I am a touch scattergun at times, doesn't change that.

It looks like Hancock will persuade Boris to delay and Boris will sadly lose his balls again and go with it. This really just increases the very deliberate fear campaign from the Govt and media and will very likely lead to more delays and getting back to normal is less likely than ever. Until the public wake up to what is happening and stop hiding from any small rise in cases and trust the vaccines, we are in bother.

Unbelievable post. I wonder if you'd be so glib, if you'd been in hospital during the pandemic. I have very personal experiences of the stress they've been under. I realise you are a shallow person looking to provoke by posting garbage.

I am not against those working on the frontline - my post said that they have been pushed to the limits for years. That is a knock at successive Govts and the NHS bosses, not those working hard.

But either way, a country shouldn't be put on hold for the NHS.

Oh....don't even go there by calling me shallow ok. You don't know me and my reasons for wanting us back to normal, when data shows we should be. Disagree with my views all you like but as I say, quit with the personal stuff eh.

I think I am outta here again. Too many annoying group members for me to deal with at this stage. I was hoping to get less who have been brainwashed by the media and the Govt. Such a shame to see. And once people start getting personal, that's it. No doubt some will giggle about this but fill your boots. I may be back this time next year and see the same people wanting to be cautious.

I think I am outta here again. Too many annoying group members for me to deal with at this stage. I was hoping to get less who have been brainwashed by the media and the Govt. Such a shame to see. And once people start getting personal, that's it. No doubt some will giggle about this but fill your boots. I may be back this time next year and see the same people wanting to be cautious.
Take care

Good. You're unable to back up the bullshit you post and throw a hissy fit when people prove that you're talking shite. He did all this last time and couldn't handle the comeback. He posts bullshit conjecture then others come back with hard evidence. He banged on about opening up last December with all of these arguments then skulked off when the facts became unarguable that we were in a devastating second wave.

Being anti lockdown is fair enough (I'm against further lockdowns under pretty much all circumstances) but to insult people and bang on about 'facts' when he's got anything but evidence to support his view is just poor form. Won't be missed on this thread.

Reactions: drd
One thing for certain - this will probably have to be the last set of prolonged restrictions because once everyone has been vaccinated people will expect to be able to do most things as normal.

Here is just one link with regards children and vaccines. But most must surely realise that it's a very dodgy course to be taken? One scroll through Twitter and you will find a whole ton of people not happy with this. We know the various jabs cause side effects in many but adults mainly have the strength to fight them. Children do not. Whatever some say, all vaccines ARE experimental. Children have a tiny risk of covid and a tiny risk to even pass it on if they get it. So can you say the benefits of getting the jab into a twelve year outweigh the possible negative sides??

https://www.theweek.co.uk/news/scie...-behind-vaccinating-children-against-covid-19

When you even get an NHS Boss coming out and saying we have nothing to panic about, you do wonder what is happening with the likes of Hancock and the batty SAGE scientists.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ws/bolton-shows-vaccines-seem-broken-20748200

There is so much data available to show that we have been under the SAGE 'best case' lines for weeks now. Whether I find all the links and charts to share here doesn't change that. If I am a touch scattergun at times, doesn't change that.

It looks like Hancock will persuade Boris to delay and Boris will sadly lose his balls again and go with it. This really just increases the very deliberate fear campaign from the Govt and media and will very likely lead to more delays and getting back to normal is less likely than ever. Until the public wake up to what is happening and stop hiding from any small rise in cases and trust the vaccines, we are in bother.

In regards to vaccines for children, the USA are pushing on with vaccines for 12+ whilst the adult population are only on about 50%.

Personally I don’t see the benefit for that. We’ve seen from vaccination programmes in the UK and Israel that large coverage of age groups pushes the pressure down on other age groups.) At least it did until the delta variant.) So if we can have 18+‘s vaccinated with both doses and then a couple of weeks down the line we can really see the virus prevalence and hopefully see transmissions being broken.

This above point kind of rolls into the next point, which is why the data and science is pointing towards the unknown and at the very least asking what can be benefited by a delay to easing all restrictions.

I note for our pal in Denmark, they are shortly removing mask mandates for all settings save public transport, as well as further opening hospitality. They've committed to scrapping masks altogether in October. 25k fans for the Euros matches to be played in Copenhagen.

;