Non - Pandemic

There will be at least one other person interested in this in the FT about half an hour ago:

"Vaccinated passengers will be able to travel to the US from the EU and UK from November onwards, the Biden administration will announce on Monday, in a major diplomatic victory for Brussels and London.

The White House will announce a new travel policy on Monday morning, marking the end of the 18-month blanket ban on travel imposed by Donald Trump, the former US president, at the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic that was maintained by Joe Biden.

Three people with knowledge of the policy told the Financial Times that Monday’s announcement will mean that fully vaccinated passengers will be able to travel once the ban is lifted within weeks."
Good god, don't tell me someone has woken sleepy Joe up. Wonder if they will recognise the AZ vaccine as well.

That will be interesting to see.
Still not approved by the FDA although Canadians are now being allowed in and its pretty much the only vaccine they have available to them. The problem could be that many sporting venues and concert venues don't accept the AZ "passport" as it is not FDA approved. So a holiday taking in a game or two may not be on the cards. Perhaps Boris can have a word in his ear, thats if Joe remembers who he is................................

There will be at least one other person interested in this in the FT about half an hour ago:

"Vaccinated passengers will be able to travel to the US from the EU and UK from November onwards, the Biden administration will announce on Monday, in a major diplomatic victory for Brussels and London.

The White House will announce a new travel policy on Monday morning, marking the end of the 18-month blanket ban on travel imposed by Donald Trump, the former US president, at the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic that was maintained by Joe Biden.

Three people with knowledge of the policy told the Financial Times that Monday’s announcement will mean that fully vaccinated passengers will be able to travel once the ban is lifted within weeks."
Confirmed w.e.f. November.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-58621759

Not sure if I've missed this topic, but...........................

On Sunday I went up to the Chelsea flower show for the last day of the build, to 'help' a customer ours.

As an exhibitor you needed a photo lanyard, steel toe caps, hi viz etc to get on site.
You also needed a negative Covid test.

We did a test outside and registered it on my phone.

All I had to do to register it was a few questions about who I was etc. and provide the number of the test that I had done.

And answer the question as to what the result was.
Now I could have tested positive and just lied.

No further proof needed.

I sent off the result and got a confirmation that I was Covid free back seconds later.

The bloke at the gate read the email on my phone and in I went.

I was expecting to have to photograph the plastic test thingy; but just had to write down the test number and state that I had tested negative..

That's just fucking crazy.

And tinpot.

Civilisation is at Saturation Point. too many people ..those with MONEY see the Pandemic as a lucky way of ridding the Planet of as many poor as is possible in one hit ....

Came back from spending a long weekend in Cardiff. I looked it up before hand and saw they were being a little stricter in their legal measures, such as mandates for masks in public indoor spaces and numbers in shops etc, so was prepared for that.

Was surprised that the lovely friendly Taff locals had about as much regard for it as we see more locally, despite it still technically being the law there. Everyone fed up I guess.

Came back from spending a long weekend in Cardiff. I looked it up before hand and saw they were being a little stricter in their legal measures, such as mandates for masks in public indoor spaces and numbers in shops etc, so was prepared for that.

Was surprised that the lovely friendly Taff locals had about as much regard for it as we see more locally, despite it still technically being the law there. Everyone fed up I guess.
Yeah, same here. Masks still a legal requirement on public transport, crowded areas like stadium concourse etc, supermarkets. But many not taking any notice. Not enforced on trains although higher usage than in England, certainly not enforced in the stadium. Were coach travellers to the game asked to put masks on when crossing the bridge ?

Yeah, same here. Masks still a legal requirement on public transport, crowded areas like stadium concourse etc, supermarkets. But many not taking any notice. Not enforced on trains although higher usage than in England, certainly not enforced in the stadium. Were coach travellers to the game asked to put masks on when crossing the bridge ?

My recent entry to the UK was farce.

I presented my negative Covid test (£65), locator form, vaccination certificate and proof that I had purchased a day two test pack. at DFDS ferry terminal in Dunkerque. The guy stabbed his finger on a couple of pages more quickly than I could press three random keys as I type now. Didn't read any document title (never mind content) nor scan any barcode. He checked precisely NOTHING.

I asked at customs and passports if they needed to check, 'Nah, we let the ferry co have all that hassle, thank goodness.'

If that was useless, the day two test was joke. Couple of seconds in the mouth with a swab and a couple more in the outer part of the nose. Probability of detecting a positive coronavirus - very small. £48 wasted. Laughably, I got the negative result e-mailed to me as did some shopping in the Auchan at Dunkerque.

Randox 1.JPG
Randox 2.JPGRandox 3.JPG

Last edited:
Yeah, same here. Masks still a legal requirement on public transport, crowded areas like stadium concourse etc, supermarkets. But many not taking any notice.

In France and Germany, masks are still required for shopping. I was waiting outside one shop in France waiting for it to open. One guy strolls up without a mask. The lady opening the doors said. "If you think you are coming in here, think again."

Carrefour Dunkerque.JPG

@Ken Baileys Ghost You don't even have to do the test, just scan the QR code and say it was negative. Ridiculous really.

@ErikthViking I just did my day 2 test (and pre-departure) at Bournemouth airport. More expensive but I couldn't be arsed with any hassle of inconclusive if I did it incorrectly.

No problems in Wales. But I’m going somewhere on Friday where it’s imperative that I take a Lateral Flow Test for the sake of others.

So all schools have been back for at least two weeks now, many even three weeks. So certainly plenty of time for the “let rip” strategy to be spreading like wild fire through schools with zero mitigation’s now.

Lower year groups in secondary schools not looking great to be honest.

Primary schools, a jump as they went back to school, probably due to increased testing and now dropping down again slowly and even though obviously a non vaccinated group they have lower numbers than those in their 50’s and 80’s.

So a pretty mixed picture.

;