Non - Poole Pirates

I "watched" it via twitter scores... seemed more exciting that way. bit like in the old days, watching the footy score on teletext.

They certainly made it close until the end, but a great win. Here is the final heat in the semi final. Tied on 87-87. Just an amazing way to make it to the final

I've been to a few Pirates meetings in the past...quite like the sport. Our school was right next to the Stadium. Great thing for Poole to have British Champions at something! Always a top contender for trophies..11 major ones since 2000 and quite a few before that. Were a 'big' club in the Elite League which finished in 2016..most titles won( 7). Newly structured league now.. SGB Premiership. Poole won it this year!

Watch Chris Harris man of steel on you tube
crash when riding for Coventry v poole

You would not want to be upsetting this dude

They were talking to Neil Middleditch this morning on Solent and it seems once Matt Ford has sold to a new owner, Middleditch will call it a day at Poole speedway as well.

I am actually surprised that there is not more interest on these boards. I used to love going to watch the speedway - didn't go as often as I should have. Such a distinct smell (no, not like the new stand toilets at half time). Craig Boyce, Alun Rossiter? ah such memories. anywho, I just miss it :)

;