NON: Ringwood A31 closures

horndean_exile

Star Player
Being a supporter that lives out of the area and uses the A31 to get to the stadium I was dismayed to hear about the potential closures due to bridge work and widening at Ringwood. I've just about got over the Spur road disruption from a year or so back. Anyone know when and for how long these closures will be for? Are they 24 hour or night time etc?

I come over from Sussex - found out yesterday that a section of the M27 will be closed today.

I'm gonna let the train take the strain. Save the petrol too.

Following the QPR match, the link road between the M27 and M3 was closed. There was a half-hour, 9 mile detour round through the centre of Eastleigh for a less than half mile closure.

I come over from Sussex - found out yesterday that a section of the M27 will be closed today.

I'm gonna let the train take the strain. Save the petrol too.
which section? Found it, J9-11, so all ok from 8, but I should pay more attention to that site!

My gripe with this is that it should have been done Westbound at the same time they widened it Eastbound (what over 20 years ago?)
And now they are finally widening this Westbound bottleneck from the Ringwood A338 slip all the way to the Verwood slip (a whole 150 yards) they are still only adding one lane! FFS while you are doing it add the two lanes to make it four lanes in both directions between the two A338 junctions else at the end of it there will still be a bottleneck!

My gripe with this is that it should have been done Westbound at the same time they widened it Eastbound (what over 20 years ago?)
And now they are finally widening this Westbound bottleneck from the Ringwood A338 slip all the way to the Verwood slip (a whole 150 yards) they are still only adding one lane! FFS while you are doing it add the two lanes to make it four lanes in both directions between the two A338 junctions else at the end of it there will still be a bottleneck!
No can do, there might be lizards or frogs living there. The Greens would be up in arms! A lump of frog spawn would create a delay to any work whilst investigated. Oh and can't forget the newts.

A good detour to avoid problems at Ringwood and on the Spur Road is to leave the A31 at Stoney Cross, turn left and go through Emery Down and join the A35 just to the west of Lyndhurst (by the cricket ground).

A good detour to avoid problems at Ringwood and on the Spur Road is to leave the A31 at Stoney Cross, turn left and go through Emery Down and join the A35 just to the west of Lyndhurst (by the cricket ground).
Don’t go that way in high summer though - especially at weekends !

Sometimes when heading back from work or wherever when the A31 is chock a block I turn off at Cadnam and go over the Forest towards Fordinbridge then head down the A338 to Ringwood….

No can do, there might be lizards or frogs living there. The Greens would be up in arms! A lump of frog spawn would create a delay to any work whilst investigated. Oh and can't forget the newts.

good! wot have the poor frogs done to deserve our ****************. power to the newts!

Being a supporter that lives out of the area and uses the A31 to get to the stadium I was dismayed to hear about the potential closures due to bridge work and widening at Ringwood. I've just about got over the Spur road disruption from a year or so back. Anyone know when and for how long these closures will be for? Are they 24 hour or night time etc?

The westbound carriageway will be closed from Jan 4th til November 30th next year while they rebuild the knackered old two bridges over the river and stream, and add the extra lane between the Ringwood and Verwood junctions. A contraflow will carry westbound traffic on the eastbound carriageway, which will be 2 lanes each way.

As I commute from here to Whiteley and back each day, I can't say I'm particularly looking forward to it, to say the least.

The eastbound issue yesterday was caused by a vehicle fire in the early hours, which damaged the road surface. Took all day for them to repair it.

A tenuous bump regards the A338 spur Road. Near the top of the local evening news tonight was a report on our spur road and the 50mph average cameras around Blackwater. "Hundreds" of potential false hits reported, but Police aren't sure.

I don't drive every day but when I do its usually along here. Can't say I've had anything (as yet). I'm sure many on here pass through here regularly as well, so worth a mention.

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/20288634.motorists-wrongfully-issued-speeding-tickets-a338/

https://www.itv.com/news/meridian/2...-wrongly-issued-speeding-fines-in-bournemouth

;