non Scotland

Can Scotland get any worse ?
As long as one club cleans up every season in their domestic league Yes. Scottish football has pretty much always been a 2 team league but back in the day they fielded a lot of home grown players. Those days have gone.

Fraser is playing at San Marino on Sunday though and they will obviously foul him consistently.

And they were unable to rely on the likes of Ryan Fraser and Callum Paterson, who were both excused from the game.

But former Manchester United and Scotland star Darren Fletcher doesn't buy the excuse of not being able to play on a synthetic surface.

And he insists that Fraser and Paterson should have made themselves available for selection.

Speaking on BBC Radio 5 Live, Fletcher said: "If I'm perfectly honest I don't completely buy into that.

"Yes, it's a slightly harder surface and it's not ideal, but at the end of the day it's not too dissimilar.

"For the sake of one game I would have liked to have seen these players make themselves available.

"It's probably clubs getting involved and there's a lot of money involved in players getting injured.

"But at the same time, I think if a player wants to play for his country then he makes himself available."

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sp...letcher-scotland-callum-paterson-ryan-fraser/

;