Non - Scottish Independence

Bitter Together rears its ugly head again.

Democracry too important to be left to the people to decide.

Don't know why it's ugly. Scotland leaving the union is no different than Britain leaving the EU.

Process of leaving a union may be no different but I would say that the similarity ends around about there.

I hope Democracy would be the decider in all this, it’s getting a bit of a hammering one way or another at the moment.

SNP want independence. Do all the people who vote SNP want independence or do some of them think the SNP is better at fighting for them inside the union?

You could effectively have a referendum every general election if the manifesto was clear enough, a vote for us is a vote to leave.

They did decide didn't they?
In that one in a generation vote apparently
And now Salmon is looking to do a Farage, take the single issue voters from all parties and pool them together with his Alba party. Interesting to see if it will dilute the SNP vote at all

If they want to leave then fine, but they should remember Leave means Leave. .......
No more subsidies from the English, no pound, no representation in the UK Parliament, move UK defence jobs and naval facilities to England etc etc. But if they want to do it then O.K. Thats not threatening them its just a fact.

My opinion is that Scottish independence is inevitable and has been since devolution came about.

Stan is right to compare to brexit as it goes and there are loads of similarities.

The easiest thing in politics is to blame all of your problems on the the 'status quo' especially when there is some legitimacy behind these grievances, which there is in both cases here. Both issues are fought along bitter emotional grounds on all sides, as you can see from the emotive language people use.

Like brexit, if/when Scottish independence happens it will cause significant economic damage at least in the short term. There's is also grounds for optimism for the long-term prospects of UK/Scotland post Brexit/Independence despite what the remain/No campaigns say.

Ultimately I think both issues are a sign of the cracks beginning to appear in a capitalist system that has reached maturity. Inequalities in the distribution of wealth have been left to grow wider for decades and this is only going to end with major political change.

That will be banned in England if and when it happens.

And no more "Burns Night" celebrations - we should celebrate an English Poet with the same birthday.

Let's have "John Cooper Clarke Night" instead!

At least his poems make sense!

Do many English people have Burns Night celebrations?

If they want to leave then fine, but they should remember Leave means Leave. .......
No more subsidies from the English, no pound, no representation in the UK Parliament, move UK defence jobs and naval facilities to England etc etc. But if they want to do it then O.K. Thats not threatening them its just a fact.

Project McFear

;