Non - Social care

Government spin Rob.

it is actually a 2.5% rise in National Insurance contributions, 1.25% by employees and 1.25% by employers. And social care won’t be seeing much, if any, of the money for three years.

Political dogma getting in the way again. Surely add to income tax which spreads it all the way round or increase the higher rate of tax. Adding to NICinvolves an additional payroll tax for employers at the time they should be considering taking on more workers.

Had I realised that it would have been the Tories that managed to bite the bullet when it came to the NHS and social care I would have voted for them instead of Corbyn.

All we need now is to nationalise the social care industry to stop Boris' mates robbing us blind and this whole thing is a real step forward when it comes to those in need.

Last edited:
Had I realised that it would have been the Tories that managed to bite the bullet when it came to the NHS and social care I would have voted for them instead of Corbyn.

All we need now is to nationalise the social care industry to stop Boris' mates robbing us blind and this whole thing is a real step forward when it comes to those in need.

Taxing lower earners to pay for it is typically tory and entirely predictable. Even Theresa May's attempt to sort it out was better than this.

Of course we all knew Covid was coming..........jeez
Sensible financial management puts something aside to fix the hole in the roof should it happen.

The national risk register identified potential holes in the roof.

Plenty of bad decisions by the government increased the spending with lucrative contracts for the preferred cowboy builders.

Interesting too see how many of the people can be fooled enough or all of the time.

Sensible financial management puts something aside to fix the hole in the roof should it happen.

The national risk register identified potential holes in the roof.

Plenty of bad decisions by the government increased the spending with lucrative contracts for the preferred cowboy builders.

Interesting too see how many of the people can be fooled enough or all of the time.
So how many billions do you put aside ?

We're not upset about the billions wasted on an unworkable test and trace system, PPE that was not fit for purpose or the lining of politicians' mates during a national crisis but we are upset about paying an extra fiver a week to care for the most vulnerable in society.

So how many billions do you put aside ?
That's the sort of decision governments are elected to make.

There is no magic number but there is a need to plan ahead and make more right than wrong decisions. The magic money tree found the funds for test and trace easily enough.

Previous governments (cant remember of which colour, and don’t really care) chose to effectively hand the social care sector into the hands of the free market rather than see it as a social duty. As a result, the owners of such establishments rake the money in whilst those who actually do the caring earn pitiful sums.

The people who owned the one where my dad was were actually a bunch of accountants And knew little or nothing about caring.

It’s quite clear a cap of £86k on care will make sod all difference to anybody that owns a house. In the three and a quarter years my dad was in the home, he paid out about £220k in fees. Fortunately he was in no state to understand what was happening as he would have been devastate. These owners will no forgo their earnings.

It’s quite clear the cost of accommodation, food, heat, light, days out etc will just go through the roof to make up for anything they might lose on care charges.

Smoke and mirrors to protect the really wealthy.

;