[Non] Sol Campbell

Would the step from Macclesfield to us be too much?....:hmmm:

Wouldn't it be great to have one greatest players thats ever lived managing us one day?

The Paul Scholes thread prompted me to have a look at Genius Sol’s record.

No wins in his last 7 games, bottom of the league. Barely averaging a point per game.

Sol is deliberately scraping the bottom to gain the experience of it ...to have material for his book ' Daft Sod to God' to be released in around 5 years time after the MaccLads lift the Euro Championship Cup eclipsing Eddie along the way!

Campbell was always going to get loads of grief if he didn't do well because of the arrogance - just like how people love to see Jose doing badly. No sympathy.

On a broader note it seems to me that it is a bit of a lottery as to how managers do in their early appointments, a lot is presumably beyond their control. Solskjaer was very lucky to get the United job given his record. He's clearly doing well now but you could argue that anybody could have done well with that squad.

Eddie is obviously a managerial Messiah yet a key injury or just not having the right players in his squad when he first started and he may have disappeared never to be seen again. Guardiola is also clearly a very talented manager but he hardly had to rely on luck in the early days - he walked into the job with the best side in the world and moved to jobs with the best squad in their respective leagues.

Who makes it and who doesn't strikes me as a lottery - you need talent and a lot of luck.

Sulzeer Jeremiah Campbell ..the Sage of Plaistow....is wasted in this job!
A man of such Cerebral Application should send himself On Loan to the Brexit Theatre !

Campbell was always going to get loads of grief if he didn't do well because of the arrogance - just like how people love to see Jose doing badly. No sympathy.

On a broader note it seems to me that it is a bit of a lottery as to how managers do in their early appointments, a lot is presumably beyond their control. Solskjaer was very lucky to get the United job given his record. He's clearly doing well now but you could argue that anybody could have done well with that squad.

Eddie is obviously a managerial Messiah yet a key injury or just not having the right players in his squad when he first started and he may have disappeared never to be seen again. Guardiola is also clearly a very talented manager but he hardly had to rely on luck in the early days - he walked into the job with the best side in the world and moved to jobs with the best squad in their respective leagues.

Who makes it and who doesn't strikes me as a lottery - you need talent and a lot of luck.

The fickle finger of fate.... always fascinating. There was the famous Robins goal that kept Ferguson in his job. Also... had Eddie not got injured all the timings would have been out for him to be here and we could have been extinct by his playing retirement. I wonder if he would swap what he has achieved in management for a full playing career. It would be interesting to ask him.

...Solskjaer... ...clearly doing well now but you could argue that anybody could have done well with that squad...

Except Mourinho.

Likewise Sarri isn't exactly pulling up trees.

Success is relative and if you're Chelsea or Man Ure and you're 15 points behind Liverpool and Manchester City then your season has been a flop.

If anybody could do well when inheriting a squad of star players then a management duo of Paul Groves and Fronkle would be top of the list to replace Sarri.

Except Mourinho.

Likewise Sarri isn't exactly pulling up trees.

Success is relative and if you're Chelsea or Man Ure and you're 15 points behind Liverpool and Manchester City then your season has been a flop.

If anybody could do well when inheriting a squad of star players then a management duo of Paul Groves and Fronkle would be top of the list to replace Sarri.

Now that is funny !...nailed on.. Brum

wasn't someone questioning recently why campbell wasn't being given a chance to manage in the premiership?

;