Non: The Hundred

Fully appreciate that the hardcore cricket fans might not like it, but as a family who dip in and often very much out of domestic cricket and with a young boy, I liked it...I think.

Everything simplified, no overs, no strike rates and run rates and all that jazz. Very good for the youngsters.

Not so sure on the graphics and the marketing is like a university project and the city franchise idea obviously is divisive, but a tentative thumbs up from me after the first game.

They were really selling it on the radio - about how exciting and family friendly it all is etc …
Maybe if my two youngsters end up
Liking creeekeeet it might be good …
But for me personally I’m not interested in this sort of thing - who do I have an affiliation with ?
Same with IPL , Big Bash etc ….

They were really selling it on the radio - about how exciting and family friendly it all is etc …
Maybe if my two youngsters end up
Liking creeekeeet it might be good …
But for me personally I’m not interested in this sort of thing - who do I have an affiliation with ?
Same with IPL , Big Bash etc ….
Agree. At the end of the day same principles and excitement as T20 which I watch only when England are playing as I need affiliation with a team

Everything simplified, no overs, no strike rates and run rates and all that jazz. Very good for the youngsters.
I didn’t realise it was on FTA television so didn’t see it. If there are no overs do they only bowl from one end ?

I didn’t realise it was on FTA television so didn’t see it. If there are no overs do they only bowl from one end ?

Bowlers bowl in blocks of 5, so can either change ends at that stage or they can stick and bowl 10 balls and then change ends. It added a twist of tactics to the game which I think will grow as the game develops.

It's the men's turn tonight: 18.00 on BBC2.

I quite enjoyed it. I'm not a big cricket fan; I like to keep up with the scores and all, but I won't sit down for five days to watch it. I will tune in if there's an exciting finish, however, and this whole match is like an exciting finish!

Found it rather strange to start off, but the end was good stuff. Didn't like the fancy graphics and found them hard to understand at times. No doubt they'll iron out the problems and make it easier for old guys like me to follow, or maybe not.

We already have a 120 ball competition, so with a few tweaks, they came up with this. It was OK.
Also, maybe open it with a big Men's game (no disrespect) which might have got it off to a bigger profile start.

I suppose I have to align myself with the Southern Brave franchise to get in to the format.

You just know India and Australia will take this on and do it better.

There have been some excellent women’s T20 games with England lately, so thought it was excellent to open with a women’s game. Biggest attendance ever for a women’s domestic game I believe they said?

Great for the young girls to get into the sport which this is all about.

Also aligning myself with the Southern Brave, although I can’t help saying it like I’m in some kind of Wild West movie...

...I will watch it and just support cricket rather than one of the franchised teams...still nailed my colours to Hampshire with me being a bit of a cricket purist. I love the county matches and Test matches, but I do fear that the more user friendly instant result style game will take over completely over the future.

It will become more like baseball with some of the shots that are adapted for quick scoring!

I’m going to have a look tonight but I don’t like the sound of much that I’ve heard. Most sport relies on a form of tribal association and while most of us can get behind Hampshire I have my doubts whether a franchise team can attract long term support. I wonder if this might become a VHS v Betamax type scenario with this and 20/20. People’s pockets are only so deep and 4 separate competitions surely cannot be sustained.

...I will watch it and just support cricket rather than one of the franchised teams...still nailed my colours to Hampshire with me being a bit of a cricket purist. I love the county matches and Test matches, but I do fear that the more user friendly instant result style game will take over completely over the future.

It will become more like baseball with some of the shots that are adapted for quick scoring!

A simple rule change of the bowler not being allowed to bounce the ball off the deck, and it's as good as baseball.

;