Non - Tokyo Olympics

This should never have gone ahead but you don't get to argue with the Olympic Delivery Commission.

From first hand experience dealing with them in the lead up to 2012 and in the aftermath with the Legacy committee, I've no trouble at all telling you that the Olympics is one of the nastiest, destructive and self-interested coporations going, don't be fooled by it's lovely "multi-cultural colourfully inclusive lovely happy competition for Olympic heroes" exterior.

Christmas, kittens and chocolate are all **************** too. Humbug.

...the Olympics highlight all that is wrong with national sports being taken over and run by big organisations and people who are there to extract every commercial ounce from it....The Olympic Committee...FIFA...UEFA....the lexicon of Boxing federations....all have had corruption exposed in it's ranks....shame that sport gets it soul sold so much down the river...

Enjoyed the 2012 Olympics in London, tremendous atmosphere in the Stadium when we went.

Also went for a day to the Paralympics.

Yes It was brilliant - but as alluded to earlier I have a feel it is well too overblown now. I feel a reboot of some sorts is needed. A big crash leading to a stripped down games going forward would be great.

Get shot of Golf, Tennis, Football for starters.

Yes It was brilliant - but as alluded to earlier I have a feel it is well too overblown now. I feel a reboot of some sorts is needed. A big crash leading to a stripped down games going forward would be great.

I've heard it suggested that any sport where an Olympic Gold Medal isn't the highest, most prestigious award you can win shouldn't be included in the Games. I'd agree with that.

I've heard it suggested that any sport where an Olympic Gold Medal isn't the highest, most prestigious award you can win shouldn't be included in the Games. I'd agree with that.

Yes that's the 'rule of thumb'. Works quite well usually.

Whatever you get rid of it will upset someone.

Whatever you get rid of it will upset someone.

Since half the golfers and tennis players dont take should mean that few would be upset to see it go. Ive never understood including high level professional sport.

For some sports its literally their main focus for 4 years of their lives, for some of the golfers they would prefer to earn money at a low level Dubai event over the Olympics.

I'm wondering why we needed to know the religious affiliation of the flag bearer in the opening ceremony...
The guy is a top member of the Rowing team..that was the only info that was of any relevance.
It wouldn't matter if all the athletes were either Christians, Muslims or Buddhists or ought else.
We are trying to get away from prejudice and racism.....so why even bring it to the News!
I don't get it.

I'm wondering why we needed to know the religious affiliation of the flag bearer in the opening ceremony...
The guy is a top member of the Rowing team..that was the only info that was of any relevance.
It wouldn't matter if all the athletes were either Christians, Muslims or Buddhists or ought else.
We are trying to get away from prejudice and racism.....so why even bring it to the News!
I don't get it.
Not the the BBC by any chance. They like that sort of thing.

;