Non - Ukraine

Well, this just gets more murky and messy by the day.

No idea which side did it (BBC / Sky suggests it was Russia FWIW) but a Hydro Electric dam over the Dnipro has had a chunk blown out of it.

This will flood towns and cities downstream. It will potentially change the shapes of some defensive / offensive lines in those areas. It may have compromised the cooling of the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power station (although "no immediate nuclear safety risk" thankfully). It's also a primary water supply to the whole Crimean peninsula. So it suits neither side ideally.

Last edited:
Seems like *something* has been going down in occupied Ukraine and into Russia overnight between the Russian private military contractor and the Russia army. Mutiny? Coup? Red on red anyway

Seems like *something* has been going down in east Ukraine and into Russia overnight between the Russian private military contractor and the Russia army. Mutiny? Coup? Red on red anyway
Certainly red on red. Difficult to know where the balance of power is here, I can't help being sceptical about so much our media report regarding Russia these days. Even if Prigohzin does get support from the rest of the country and Putin goes (unlikely IMO), then what for Ukraine? Certainly a distraction for Russian forces ATM, and Prigohzin did once blame Putin for not negotiating before invading. We'll see.

This could get very interesting very quickly, and not necessarily the best news for Ukraine (or the West) in the longer term. But it may distract Russian forces in Kuraine in the short term and help the Ukrainians retake some territory

Announcement for Internet H.Q.
We would like to answer any questions you have about the current developments in Ukraine. Unfortunately all our experts are busy, dealing with queries concerning submersibles.
Thank you.

: )

It's always struck me as very odd that Putin, and a country that is so proud of it's armed forces and military strength was willing to rely so heavily on a private army. I'm sure there are some benefits but let them become too powerful and surely this sort of thing was always a risk?

Announcement for Internet H.Q.
We would like to answer any questions you have about the current developments in Ukraine. Unfortunately all our experts are busy, dealing with queries concerning submersibles.
Thank you.

: )
Civil war threatening to start in a nuclear armed state on Europe's doorstep.

BBC News: we now cross live to Glastonbury to speak with our correspondent Basil Brush to discuss Elton John. Literally.

It's always struck me as very odd that Putin, and a country that is so proud of it's armed forces and military strength was willing to rely so heavily on a private army. I'm sure there are some benefits but let them become too powerful and surely this sort of thing was always a risk?

The Russian military is corrupt. Positions of authority are given to the loyal not the competent. Money for vehicle maintenance and training is spend on yaghts and mansions.

They need the PMC serves two purposes. A motivated competent military with the ability to deny direct state involvement overseas.

;