Non....Viewpoint

tedisking

Fans' Favourite
Just a heads up for anyone watching the series been showed all this week, the last episode due tonight has been cancelled......it is now being shown on ITV hub, but only for a short while

Think it's a bit of a kneejerk decision. No matter what people's thoughts are it hardly seems fair on the production team and the rest of the cast. Surely a statement before tonight's episode on ITV,s standpoint on the allegations would have been sufficient.

Think it's a bit of a kneejerk decision. No matter what people's thoughts are it hardly seems fair on the production team and the rest of the cast. Surely a statement before tonight's episode on ITV,s standpoint on the allegations would have been sufficient.

yeah, after all he’s only reported to be a serial sexual predator, what’s the problem.
:shake:

I do not condone any harassment, sexual or otherwise but I am a little disturbed by the fact that this man has been named and found guilty by the media.

I always thought it was innocent until found guilty in a court of law.

Also, and I don’t mean to make this political but more a point of class, why is it that an MP accused of rape was able to go unnamed for many months but a black actor is named and shamed and his career ruined, at the drop of a hat?

I doubt it was political or class based as it was the Guardian that named and shamed him. I anticipate it is a signal that sexual harassment will be called out. The debating point is should the series have been pulled before he has been found guilty. I will reserve judgment until better informed.

My point is he's not the only person to knock their guts out to get the programme on air in difficult times.

Completely agree.

I don't know what the right answers are with these things but surely penalising hundreds of people for the alleged actions of one person is not the way to go. There will be some people who's careers could depend on the success of this show and to punish them is terrible.

He's not been found guilty of anything yet and you're starting on a slippery slope if you cancel every business whenever one person involved is accused of something terrible. Even if they are convicted are we supposed to flush everyone's work down the pan because someone involved is a wrongun?

Seems a bit harsh to punish an entire production and acting crew for one mans crimes that haven’t actually been proven to be correct.

Tbf, when it’s 20 people over a span of nearly 2 decades calling you out in a pattern of behaviour, rather than like 1 or 2, that was also reported at various times to higher ups and ignored, then it’s probably more likely to be true. But obviously we can’t prove anything at this point.

Completely agree.

I don't know what the right answers are with these things but surely penalising hundreds of people for the alleged actions of one person is not the way to go. There will be some people who's careers could depend on the success of this show and to punish them is terrible.

He's not been found guilty of anything yet and you're starting on a slippery slope if you cancel every business whenever one person involved is accused of something terrible. Even if they are convicted are we supposed to flush everyone's work down the pan because someone involved is a wrongun?
Apparently the rights to the series going world wide have now been put on hold . Plenty of young aspiring actors and behind the scenes British talent have had their careers knocked back through no fault of their own after a lot of hard work. Yes they've been paid by ITV but they've had a decent platform kicked out from under them for the moment.

20 women have come forward claiming sexual harassment, maybe they should be considered. The 1 episode wasn't shown tonight as per schedule, it's available on the ITV hub. It hasn't been destroyed, never to be seen. People can still see it, some of those victims lives may have been affected more.

Let's see how it goes in court, the programme will still be there afterwards.

Until this story broke didn’t realise this was on.

I see all five episodes are only available until Sunday on ITV Hub.

Watched the first three episodes tonight and enjoyed it, bit different from other police series.

The Guardian review gave it 4* out of 5*.

I watched the final episode on the ITV hub last night so no great inconvenience. Whilst not condoning what has or has not happened trial by the media worries me innocent until proven guilty in a court of law is still a basic in this country.

I watched the final episode on the ITV hub last night so no great inconvenience. Whilst not condoning what has or has not happened trial by the media worries me innocent until proven guilty in a court of law is still a basic in this country.

So, leave him to abuse for the next 2 years until there is a court space. What a brilliant idea.

I absolutely agree this is, after all, the basis of our legal system. That said I don’t understand the decision not to broadcast as programmed and then make it available on the hub. That seems hypocritical and contradictory.

;