Non - Vitals

RobTrent

UTC Legend
When I read this forum on my phone I prefer to read it ‘widescreen”. But I keep getting a message at the bottom of the screen saying “please rotate your device”.

Anyone else get that? Presume it’s because they want me to not miss out on the 150 adverts per page?

My guess and this is solely a guess, is your phone browser has two displays for vertical and horizontal for the site as that’s what mine has.

The vertical is the one designed for mobile phones, the other is designed for desktop, laptops etc, the latter has more ads.

Same with mine , everyday this past few weeks..but I get it while its vertical...and an advert for a Samsung Mobile Phone seems to alternate with it...you can move the advert downward off screen but its back a minute later...the advert restricts the area for typing in by about half...then the Rotate message comes back...its driving me nuts!

Yeah keep getting a really intrusive vodafone/Samsung ad that creeps up to take over half tge page.

Using a Samsung galaxy s20 +with chrome so nothing obscure.

This site really is something else when it comes to adverts. Never encountered anything remotely like this using other sites.

Can't believe they hide behind the 'it's your phone, browser' excuse. Any kind of reasonable level of testing would allow them to see what happens, shouldn't have to feed back. This stuff with adverts getting in the way has been going on for years now, on different devices, so I'm not going to feed back every time.

My feedback is, tell the dev teams to do their jobs properly and thats assuming the adverts aren;t appearing as designed, which I suspect is whats happening here.

Last edited:
We really need more ads that be honest .. surely vitals could squeeze a few more in .

I made the mistake of putting Ad Block on all my devices, can anybody give me some advice on how to remove it?

I haven't made a random spur of the moment purchase of something I don't need for weeks........................................

On iPad in last week or so ago, there was a fashion advert New Look? that covered the whole page in the background but kept showing on the left and right side of vitals.

Hopefully that has been sorted now, but we get these sort of problems every so often.

Why do we need Ads...half the Nation can't afford a packet of pork scratchings...and other people, going insane for months with Locking down, ain't buyin' much apart from booze !

;