Non - What to watch?

anyone watched the new Vikings on Netflix yet? pondering whether or not to commit!

It's been on a negative trajectory for seasons. They play too fast and loose with history for me. Ironically all their invented events, places and characters are far less interesting that actual events IMO. I haven't bothered to watch it.

Last Kingdom is infinitely better if you haven't watched that. It's based on a Bernard Cornwell, of Sharpe fame, novel series with Uthred being the fictional protagonist instead of Sharpe. The depiction of Alfred the Great is exactly as I would imagine him and gives an accurate (as possible) depiction of events with respect given to all the factions, Dane, Saxon, Welsh even Cornish.

It's been on a negative trajectory for seasons. They play too fast and loose with history for me. Ironically all their invented events, places and characters are far less interesting that actual events IMO. I haven't bothered to watch it.

Last Kingdom is infinitely better if you haven't watched that. It's based on a Bernard Cornwell, of Sharpe fame, novel series with Uthred being the fictional protagonist instead of Sharpe. The depiction of Alfred the Great is exactly as I would imagine him and gives an accurate (as possible) depiction of events with respect given to all the factions, Dane, Saxon, Welsh even Cornish.

I think I'm easier to please than you! I just enjoyed Legover putting it about a bit.....

Started watching Wayne Rooney amazon doc. 40 mins in, enjoying it.

loved the way when he turned up 1st day of training with 1st team at 16 years old. looked around and was telling himself he's the best player here, before scoring last min goal against arsenal (who were unbeaten in months)

Yeah I lost interest in Vikings too.

Love Sharpe series. Started off watching the Sean Bean series when younger, then ploughed through books/audiobooks 10 years or so back.

Need to try the other Cornwall series at some point.

Love historical fiction. Conn Igulden series; Rome, Genghis Khan and War of Roses series are amazing. Need to try Athens series.

Super Greed: The fight for football on Sky documentaries was quite good.

Didn’t dig below the surface like I thought it might but was still a good bit of tv.

Super Greed: The fight for football on Sky documentaries was quite good.

Didn’t dig below the surface like I thought it might but was still a good bit of tv.

I'm surprised Sky would produce a documentary on the corrupting influence of money on football.

Without watching I suspect it would focus on external mega rich ownership as it's a challenge to their power.

I was disappointed with this year's Apprentice. I thought Sugar was on form but the contestants were very poor.
True. Not one of the remaining "businesses" sounds particularly interesting for Lord Sugar to invest in either. But unfortunately he has to pick one, even if this series he'd probably prefer not to have to !

I can't believe how such poor candidates got past the selection stage to be honest, it seems as though they must have been pretty desperate for applicants this time around.

This particular horse hasn't quite been flogged to death yet but it's clearly already feeling unwell ! They seriously need better candidates with better business ideas for the next series otherwise it will be one more show to cross off my "watch whenever possible" list !

This Ipcress File serialisation is very good but they've messed about with original book story a bit too much...and you need to forget about Micheal Caine if you want to identify with this actor playing Palmer...for the reason TisK has already explained.

Yeah I lost interest in Vikings too.

Love Sharpe series. Started off watching the Sean Bean series when younger, then ploughed through books/audiobooks 10 years or so back.

Need to try the other Cornwall series at some point.

Love historical fiction. Conn Igulden series; Rome, Genghis Khan and War of Roses series are amazing. Need to try Athens series.
The Spartacus series from a number of years ago was a lot of fun.

Charlotte Moore, BBC’s Chief Content Officer has announced the return of four top-rated BBC drama’s from the past year – The Tourist, The Responder, Vigil and Time.

The Tourist is the highest-rating drama of 2022 so far, having launched with a huge 12 million viewers and all six episodes were the most-watched episodes on BBC iPlayer in January this year. The Tourist will return again for a second series.

The second biggest new drama of 2022 so far was The Responder, launching with nearly 10 million viewers across 30-days. The Responder will return for a second series and will once again be set and filmed in Liverpool.

In 2021, Vigil was the UK’s most-watched new drama launch in three years (since Bodyguard in 2018), attracting an audience of over 13 million viewers across 30-days for episode one, and the series overall had an average of 12.6m viewers (30-days). Vigil will return for a second series and will be set and filmed in Scotland again.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/2022/the-tourist-the-responder-vigil-time-second-series-bbc

The Spartacus series from a number of years ago was a lot of fun.

Yes, did enjoy that. Non stop blood, guts, beautiful women and well honed men having rampant sex all the time. What's not to like? :D

Which reminds me of one of my favourite shows: Rome. Highly recommend that if you haven't watched already. Shame they stopped after the 2nd series. Very, very good TV.

Yes, did enjoy that. Non stop blood, guts, beautiful women and well honed men having rampant sex all the time. What's not to like? :D

Which reminds me of one of my favourite shows: Rome. Highly recommend that if you haven't watched already. Shame they stopped after the 2nd series. Very, very good TV.

we've seen the true @MB1980 in the last few days - fast cars & sexy ladies. what a life! :love:

;