Non - Winter Shortages

This aged well

giphy.gif

I'm definitely not smug knowing I can drive to a works meeting over 3 days in Winchester next week and get a free "refuel" at the hotel while I'm there. All of it taking the time it takes me to plug in. Oh and free..

Unless I google ‘meat shortages in Lithuania’ or ‘petrol shortages in Albania’ we are very unlikely to find out as it wouldn’t make the news here, likewise I doubt our issues are making the 6pm news in Macedonia.

I disagree with you. Surely BBC News would report it, to keep on the government's good side?

I love the way that those nasty foreign truck drivers were over here, nicking British jobs. Well, they've gone now so we shouldn't have a problem.

Call me cynical, but the supermarkets have been lobbying the government to allow visas for foreign HGV drivers. So far the government hasn’t listened. So then, quite by coincidence, the same supermarkets loudly publicise the fact that some forecourts are short of fuel. Result, negative headlines, panic buying and further pressure on the government to relax visa requirements.

Well that didn’t take long did it?

Unless I google ‘meat shortages in Lithuania’ or ‘petrol shortages in Albania’ we are very unlikely to find out as it wouldn’t make the news here, likewise I doubt our issues are making the 6pm news in Macedonia.

I can't speak for Lithuania or Macedonia, but there's been plenty of coverage in the Finnish press down the months of the issues in the UK. Although, to be fair, a quick glance at the headlines this morning doesn't throw up anything about the petrol panic buying. I guess something will appear over the next couple of days.

Brexit was about taking back control.

Most of the posts post brexit are about how external events are having negative impacts on the uk.

Funny old game.

Managing by crisis is the preferred style of gthe pm and the reason the government u turns from one failure to the next.

;