Non - Woodstock

afcb_rednblack

UTC Legend
For those of a certain age, just watched ‘Woodstock - Three Days that Defined a Generation’ on BBC. A great documentary depicting such an iconic moment in the history of youth culture and what was to be the emergence of music festivals globally. Well worth watching.

I was lucky enough to see some of those who headlined at Woodstock like Hendrix, The Who, The Band, Baez, Sly and the Family Stone, Richie Havens one year later at the Isle of Wight festival (dubbed Britain’s Woodstock) in 1970.

It is for sure. Given the 50th anniversary just passed, there have been lots of TV specials with previously unseen footage over here, as well as specials on the Summer of Love in SF and more of that vintage. Who'd have thunk that from there we would end up where we are today?

For those of a certain age, just watched ‘Woodstock - Three Days that Defined a Generation’ on BBC. A great documentary depicting such an iconic moment in the history of youth culture and what was to be the emergence of music festivals globally. Well worth watching.

I was lucky enough to see some of those who headlined at Woodstock like Hendrix, The Who, The Band, Baez, Sly and the Family Stone, Richie Havens one year later at the Isle of Wight festival (dubbed Britain’s Woodstock) in 1970.
They were running special boats from the pier to Freshwater on the Friday. Took the afternoon off work and arrived in time to see ????? Damn it was a long time ago.

Another yes from me, fantastic look at the woodstock myth.
Interesing to see that Hendrix ( last on ) only played to a small number of people who stayed for the last day after the storm.
Friday night on BBC4 is usual the highlight of the week. :guitar::band2::rocker:

They were running special boats from the pier to Freshwater on the Friday. Took the afternoon off work and arrived in time to see ????? Damn it was a long time ago.
This was the line up on the Friday if that helps?

Fairfield Parlour
Arrival
Lighthouse
Taste
Tony Joe White
Chicago
Family
Procol Harum
Redbone
The Voices of East Harlem
Cactus

(Mungo Jerry were on the bill but did not play)

Thanks. Definitely saw Taste so probably got in during the Lighthouse set. Not really my thing which could be why I forgot. I’ve still got my programme somewhere and from the previous year when we ‘helped Dylan sink the Isle of Wight’

;