NONish: Hudders sack manager

Fairly inevitable, and an unconvincing appointment the the first place unfortunately.
Not sure about that. I'd never heard of him, but he came with the same credentials as his predecessor Wagner and Farke at Norwich. I think they all came from Dortmund reserves? Those two did ok and Siewert has failed. But I don't get the 'unconvincing' bit.....unless all three were.

Correct me if I'm wrong and I know it probably wouldn't have affected last night's move by Huddersfield anyway, but is the Fulham winning goal a bit dodgy, their goalkeeper passes a goal kick inside the area to a player which leads to the goal? I thought it had to leave the area?

Correct me if I'm wrong and I know it probably wouldn't have affected last night's move by Huddersfield anyway, but is the Fulham winning goal a bit dodgy, their goalkeeper passes a goal kick inside the area to a player which leads to the goal? I thought it had to leave the area?

Rules have changed this season.

Rules changed at the start of the season.

Makes me even more nervous now. Instead of passing the ball across our defence outside the area we now start doing it inside the area. One miss pass from disaster

Rules were changed to stop time wasting. How many times did Beko or Boruc take a short goal kick to Ake, who, showing complete innocence every time, played the ball before it exited the area. Result the goal kick had to be re-taken, meaning another minute wasted.

Now the defender can receive the ball inside the area, but the attacking team must stay out of the area until defender has played it.

Rules were changed to stop time wasting. How many times did Beko or Boruc take a short goal kick to Ake, who, showing complete innocence every time, played the ball before it exited the area. Result the goal kick had to be re-taken, meaning another minute wasted.

Now the defender can receive the ball inside the area, but the attacking team must stay out of the area until defender has played it.

By defender you mean the defending team, i.e. in almost all cases the 'keeper.

I didn't realise the motivation was to stop time wasting, when I was reading these rules the motivation for them wasn't included. True to form the football authorities don't explain themselves to mere peasants like us.

I don’t think the main purpose is to prevent time wasting. It’s actually just putting the rule back to what it was before the back pass rule came in. The idea is to aid teams playing from the back as the opposition has to push higher up the pitch if they want to stop it and therefore leave bigger gaps in midfield.

Those who appointment these managers who only last a short time need to look at themselves and what they did wrong in appointing them.

Those who appointment these managers who only last a short time need to look at themselves and what they did wrong in appointing them.

Easy to say but Hudds had success woth the same type of appointment so no reason to think this guy couldnt do the same.
Unfortunately they were relegated and also lost good players,Billing and Mooy for a start so it was always going to be difficult.
I think the problems lie with not giving them enough time,three games into a season is a joke.

Easy to say but Hudds had success woth the same type of appointment so no reason to think this guy couldnt do the same.
Unfortunately they were relegated and also lost good players,Billing and Mooy for a start so it was always going to be difficult.
I think the problems lie with not giving them enough time,three games into a season is a joke.

That is one of the problems, those that appoint them do not give the manager enough time to build their side.

In the end they panic and hope the next appointment will be better and so the vicious circle goes on.

By defender you mean the defending team, i.e. in almost all cases the 'keeper.

I didn't realise the motivation was to stop time wasting, when I was reading these rules the motivation for them wasn't included. True to form the football authorities don't explain themselves to mere peasants like us.
It has to be touched by a second player,in the area, before the attacking team can challenge the defending team

I wonder whether Billing's Arteresque performance today had anything to do with this? A sort of "I told them he was no good and they wouldn't believe me." kind of angry response to it. I hope so, because I thought a ten man second half was nailed on for the last ten minutes of the first.

Seems he simply couldn't calm down fast enough. His area of the pitch stayed busy after his booking. He clearly felt aggrieved by the booking, I think it was for his reaction and words rather than the tackle which almost got the ball and didn't hit the man at all. He'd been involved in everything prior to that, needs to get a grip on that though, learning to be able to let decisions go quicker. That said perhaps if Atkinson had communicated what the card was for better, spoken to the players a bit more that time chatting could have been used to calm himself down

;