Norwich City v AFC Bournemouth - 5 To Go!

Many in Norwich are looking forward to the match 'against a real team' 'who won't just sit back.'

They are also looking forward to Watford and there are a few who suspect that Norwich might lose both matches.

Team News update. From both official sites.

AFCB

Jonathan Woodgate approached the availability news in his squad when he spoke to the media in his pre-match press conference on Friday.

He started: "Shane Long will be touch and go, we'll do a fitness test on him today and see how he is.

"Lewis Cook is a long-term injury, but all the rest of the players will be 100% fit.

Norwich City

Daniel Farke has declared Emi Buendia fit for Norwich City's match against AFC Bournemouth this Saturday.

The City playmaker was withdrawn last weekend against Derby County with an ankle knock but Farke has revealed he's shaken off the issue.

Elsewhere, the City head coach revealed that Michael McGovern and Adam Idah are back in training, although Saturday's game comes to soon for them.

Really looking forward to the game against the PL whipping boys.....i can see us winning this quite comfortably as they are the exactly the sort of side we love playing .......Lerma and Pearlo will be on full sh1thouse mode which will no doubt see Buendia get sent off after about 20 mins......Danjuma v Max Aarons will be a fascinating battle but Norwich have a highly regarded 18 yr old right sided CB who will be having only his 4th game for them ....you can be sure Arnie will be targeting him especially that space between the full back and CB .....it'll be interesting to see how much licence to get forward Aarons will be given by Farke with that in mind.......Team pretty much picks it's self at the moment......unless Woody reverts back to his natural instincts and plays a back 3 ......or plays Stacey on the right instead of Brooks or Stan!

From a Norwich City fan who thinks they will stay up in the Premier League next season and not do their known yo-yoing between the two leagues.

1 Daniel Farke - The gaffer would be the first to say it's so much more than being about him. Of course, it's the players on the pitch who have rattled up an amazing 90 points already. Stuart Webber has played a huge part, as have countless others behind the scenes. But for me, Farke has developed incredibly as a head coach and what he has learned will mean he is so much better equipped to lead the charge.

2 Momentum - If you think the foot will come off the gas after promotion is sealed and the non-stop partying begins until May, think again. Everyone will be desperate to win the title, get over the 100 points mark and keep the relentless momentum up. And with that bounce continuing over the summer, it will put us in the best possible position to start the new campaign on a high.

3 Better and meaner - City were very good two years ago. But the squad is much better placed this time around. It's a more complete group and the new-found defensive meanness - which sees us heading for a defensive club record - will make all the difference.

4 Money isn't everything - Get ready for Robbie Savage and his chums having a go at Norwich for "not giving it a go" and throwing tens of millions of pounds at survival. It's beginning to dawn that money isn't everything and teams which have tried blind spending don't always flourish. Yes, investment is important but City have proved it's so much more than that.

5 Rivals aren't that good - We know we'll be in a mini league next season of teams whose primary concern is to avoid the drop. The first job is to be better than three others. I really believe we'll be stronger than Watford (assuming they get the other automatic spot) and whoever else gets in through the play-offs. The likes of Newcastle, Burnley, Brighton and Southampton don't look that good to me.

6 Jingle bells, jingle bells...Don't worry, I'm not thinking about Christmas. I'm singing the old "oh what fun it is to see Norwich win away" song. City have won more games on the road than ever before already. Success on the road has been hard to come by too often for the Canaries - if this season's formula can be anything like repeated, it will make an enormous difference.

7 Sticking with us - There'll be endless talk now about who stays and which hawks will circle for our prized assets. I'm realistic enough to know we may lose one or more of City's stars - but (without any evidence) I've got a hunch that the vast majority of the squad will have the hunger to give it a real crack in the PL.

https://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/spo...orwich-city-survive-in-premier-league-7896510

As I said before, they started preparing for this season back in jan 2020 so had a heads start.

Done very well as they did before in going up. All championship sides need a bit of investment including our own outstanding 14/15 team.

May stay up or not - I hope they give it a real go this time. Certainly a willingness to go up and go down whilst investing in infrastructure and to go back up again is a strategy that maybe better for us if we ever get to prem again.

I think Sky must have already handed over a crate of champagne to Norwich FC as judging by the adverts for the game the carrot crunchers are picking up the title having already beaten us.

Hopefully JW will stick with a similar side to recent games and I've got a good feeling about this one. Norwich 1 - 3 AFCB. Maybe....

I think Sky must have already handed over a crate of champagne to Norwich FC as judging by the adverts for the game the carrot crunchers are picking up the title having already beaten us.

Hopefully JW will stick with a similar side to recent games and I've got a good feeling about this one. Norwich 1 - 3 AFCB. Maybe....

Jake humphreys : “back where they belong”. Enough said!

Anyone know of a local pub (Charmo, Winton or town centre) with garden & outside screen showing the match tonight? Would love to watch this one live..

Norwich are on a long unbeaten run (currently 13 games, dodgy number !) but in that sequence, have only played ONE top 6 team. All the others were mid or lower table teams - that means it's been a long time since they came up against a talented team that's bang in form.

We could give them a nasty surprise !

I know it’s highly unlikely but if all the scores stay as they are, Norwich are up and they can relax tonight.

;