Norwich Forum on refereeing

Druss_the_Legend

UTC Legend
Apparently last night's was up there as one of the worst referee performances in the club's history.

Blimey, they've been bloody lucky up till now then.

I've seen two people frothing at the mouth that it should have been Pearson sent off in the incident, not Gianoulis. I guess for viciously pushing his shin against the defenders studs? *Shrug*

As per normal, no mention that the equaliser was actually onside or that they should have had two reds or that their players were literally kicking Pearson to get him to retaliate.

Weird lot.

Apparently last night's was up there as one of the worst referee performances in the club's history.

Blimey, they've been bloody lucky up till now then.

I've seen two people frothing at the mouth that it should have been Pearson sent off in the incident, not Gianoulis. I guess for viciously pushing his shin against the defenders studs? *Shrug*

As per normal, no mention that the equaliser was actually onside or that they should have had two reds or that their players were literally kicking Pearson to get him to retaliate.

Weird lot.

It's a pretty clear red card. I don't get all the fuss. They should look a bit closer to home for the reasons for their defeat. As impressive as they were 11v11 they completely crumbled after the red.

Before contact both the Norwich players feet were of the ground. At that point he was not in control. The fact that by the time contact happened one was back on the ground is irrelevant as the other landed just below Pearson's knee. It was a red card. Also a totally unnecessary challenge by their player. It could have broken Pearson's leg. Surridges goal was clearly Onside and it was the ineptitude of the linesman who has caused arguments by flagging offside for it. The 2nd was world class, no arguments. The 3rd, by our own admission, was offside originally, again the ineptitude of that same linesman has caused this ire among the Norwich fans. However, ultimately, we spoilt their promotion party by comfortably beating them, and doing the double over them this season. I actually thought the ref had a decent game and was let down by that one linesman. I'm surprised the Canaries aren't concentrating on looking forward to the summer with the promotion job done and looking at how they can stop themselves from being bottom of the PL table again next season

The assistant flagged that a player was in an offside position, ref saw the ball was played last by an opponent, ref checks with his assistant and working as a team they decide the goal can be given.

Agree. It worked fine and they got it spot on. Can't see what the fuss is about. Likewise their player knowingly went into a 50/50 with his studs up. Doing that reduces your chance of injury and increases your chance of injuring your opponent. He then badly caught Pearson. Completely uncontroversial red card. Off you go son.

Grapes and Sour come to mind...they were caught out on the day and need to just celebrate their great season. They have dominated thie league in a way that with the right stewardship from the top of our club we might have done. At least it is not too late for us to go up the hard way!

Good to see grown men (I assume) continue to remain rational, logical and objective when it comes to football!

;