Norwich - The Verdict.

Could easily have been 3-0 at HT if not for the 2 great saves by Krul. In fact I think he would be most disappointed by the Danjuma's goal than if either of the other 2 had gone in - that's by no mean's taking anything away from the goal.

Second half, much less chances other than Solanke's miss - who if not for some good goalkeeping could easily have had another 3 goals this season, so the fact he's forcing these saves is great to see.

Lack of possession and attack in the second half, however I never really felt like they were going to score - not counting my usual dread of being a Bournemouth fan and just waiting for a last minute equaliser to be conceded!

I do this thread every game If you don't like..scroll on by.. Don't be a coont.
I agree with James, there really is no need at all for another thread. Why can we not just discuss the match after the event in the same thread it’s been discussed beforehand.

As the person who initiates these post match “verdict” thread (an idea stolen from Sky of course) you’ll know only too well that it’s a relatively new thing that you started. Any excuse to start a new thread yourself, eh? ;)

It's pretty standard on almost all club fan forums to have separate match and post-match threads.

Precisely. It allows people to easily jump to the post match discussions rather than wading through out of date posts in the match thread. Especially useful when you've been at the game and want to skip to post match discussions.

I think Al's instant reaction thread is a good addition to Neil's MOM thread personally.

I agree with James, there really is no need at all for another thread. Why can we not just discuss the match after the event in the same thread it’s been discussed beforehand.

As the person who initiates these post match “verdict” thread (an idea stolen from Sky of course) you’ll know only too well that it’s a relatively new thing that you started. Any excuse to start a new thread yourself, eh? ;)

Exactly.
And this is the first after match thread.
Stolen from SKY. I genuinely never knew they copied me.

It's pretty standard on almost all club fan forums to have separate match and post-match threads.

Fair enough, I can understand why we might have 2, a match thread and a post match thread. We’ve only ended up with 3 threads this time but I’m pretty sure we had 5-6 going after one of the games this season!

Just seems slightly contradictory to the general board “rules”, where if you post a new thread about some transfer gossip involving one of our players then it’ll be merged with a thread from 5 years ago when he first signed.

Anyhoo, it really doesn’t matter, just an observation.

Precisely. It allows people to easily jump to the post match discussions rather than wading through out of date posts in the match thread. Especially useful when you've been at the game and want to skip to post match discussions.

I think Al's instant reaction thread is a good addition to Neil's MOM thread personally.

Could always look for posts timed immediately after the match has ended
:unsure:

I think the point is, as James said, the amount.

We used to have a match thread which turns into a post match immediate thread then a report and verdict. That covered things nicely for years. Recently there have been a number of ‘verdicts’ ‘thoughts of’ etc threads... all with great stuff in them.

Personally, I get irritated wading between four or five threads to read lots of great debate. It was much better on two when all in a couple places. I’ve got to be careful saying this as I write a report every other game but it’s not a vested interest I feel totally the same when someone else writes the report! I also think we can merge them effectively.

Anyway, unlikely to get resolved just my opinion!

I mean it’s like the Brexit or the Pandemic thread. I’ve got thoughts randomly on both so I add them on the thread. I don’t start a ‘my take on the pandemic’ thread as that would be weird. Also, if I did, DJ would just pick it up and plop it in the pandemic thread where it belongs!

I think some of us have become a bit more opinionated during lockdown. Or maybe miss spewing out our brain excretions at other humans in person so have started doing it more here.

As an offender that caused upset with one of multiple threads three games back, when I started typing there wasn't one there. When hit post there was so it was a duplicate.

Next game up, when I'd finished typing I checked in another tab before posting and still nothing so posted. Then someone else posted about 30 seconds later which seemed to draw ire.

For Norwich this post was up by the time I'd typed so added to this thread.

I think it's more crossing over than any particular desire to have separate threads.

I'm back out in the world again though so maybe human interaction may blunt my desire to say stuff here. If I do I'll try to check before posting.

I too have been guilty of starting a thread only to be told off by someone who also started a thread on the same subject and posted before I could press send. Rob Trent you know what I mean. No offence taken.

;