Nottingham Forest v AFC Bournemouth

I'm calling Derby to beat Boro today. That'll be us 6 points ahead of them. Considering everything and with a caretaker in charge I can think of worse places to be.

Imagine the meltdown if Tindall was in charge? Very poor game. I'd like to understand the reason why Surridge didn't start as I don't think Long contributed much (more than Danjuma though, I admit)

Couldn't understand why Jack Wilshire was more up front as there appeared to be so few options for him to pass to.

Said the same during the game. Was just obvious that was going to happen.

Disagree we looked better with Surridge and Brooks though. We looked better because Stanislas was central and more influential.
Stan has never looked the same player on the right......really disappointing to see him start there.

It looked like with 20 minutes of normal time to go Surridge was ready to come on, then Pearson received an injury and even though Pearson was ok, Surridge put his jacket back on and we had to wait another 10 minutes before he came on.

Didn’t see the runs from Danjuma we are used to either.

Biggest disappointment for me was we didn’t test their keeper with a shot on target, you don’t shoot, you don’t score.

We didn’t concede against Forest who are one of the form sides at the moment.

Hughton seems happy to get a point and made no substitution.
So defensive, very hard to break them down, Hughton with a clench fist at the end showed they were very happy with the point.

Imagine the meltdown if Tindall was in charge? Very poor game. I'd like to understand the reason why Surridge didn't start as I don't think Long contributed much (more than Danjuma though, I admit)

Couldn't understand why Jack Wilshire was more up front as there appeared to be so few options for him to pass to.

I think Surridge deserved a start but listening to JW he often comments about experience on the pitch to help the younger players.
Losing Cook early on left us with no leader on the pitch.

Just as others wet themselves about the trend of defeats, I'm wet with excitement about the trend of not losing. ;-)
Neither is good enough to achieve what we all want. If today’s performance was the first since the run of 4 defeats it would be acceptable (even with not a single shot on target) but after 2 successive wins that was appalling. Chalk and cheese from the Burnley game.

That wasn’t even a good performance for a Championship team, Premier League? Not a chuffin chance of making it if that’s what we have to offer...

I wonder if the 59% who thought Long was a good use of club resources have changed their mind?
https://bournemouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/snack-poll/long-signing/
Long was awful today but he'll have his uses I'm pretty sure. Playing a style of approach play well suited to Surridge whilst not using him, then switching away from it once we finally brought Surridge on, makes both centre forwards look bad. Round pegs in round holes.

;