Old DC Supporters Club

...aaah that old dusty place with cheap beer and a sense of camaraderie long since passed, fond memories of dropping in at lunchtimes for a general pilgrimage to Dean Court.

Yup - anyone remember the disastrous meeting of DCFSC (was it at the Winter Gardens?) with failing manager Reg Flewin in, I think, 1964. As I recall he was booed off the stage.

Had my 40th birthday night there.
Very messy.
Very dark.
Very sticky.
I have many happy memories of the old place.

The good old days...

When I used to sit in main stand centre had an aisle seat, could leg it in there at half time for a pint
Was handy getting there early and then somewhere waiting for the supporters bus for after
sadly on one occasion I had too many ciders and fell asleep on the bus, missing my stop at fleetsbridge to wake up Lytchett somewhere, was a long stagger back to Canford Heath.
Only made that mistake the once though

Completed some of my journey to manhood in there. Remember a gentleman's evening where Jim Davidson was outdone by a good comic acting as MC and a spectacular stripper who caught sight of me with my tongue literally hanging out (which I do when I'm concentrating.....) and blew me a kiss. I nearly exploded. Luckily I was strategically placed far enough away from the front that I could hide my swelling pride. Well I was only 18.

;