On field leader?

We don't know what happens in the changing room, but Arter, Surman and Francis certainly all lead in slightly different ways

As does Cook. I would imagine Franno will be club captain and there is still our ugly smash em out the way three toothed centre half to arrive!

Not so sure about Cook, always been lovely when I've met him on nights out, but whenever you see him in videos around the other players he seems a little subdued, shy even. Might just be the camera as he certainly isn't when out and about but maybe that's the beer

As the squad stands at the moment I think Francis would be the ideal candidate and should be captain. Will be interesting to see if the new centre half will be experienced enough to step straight into the role though.

There is a big difference between being a captain and a leader. There are also different ways to lead.

Franno as a captain would be fine and he will lead by example. However, the team has plenty of those already.

What the team lacks is a player who can just by his presence, drag the rest of the players through when faced with tough circumstances and situations (ie Ashley Williams, Joey Barton type).

Last season proved we did not have that type of player in the squad and this is what we must find (hopefully a new centre half will bring that).

I know he's young and maybe not a guaranteed starter, but in many ways Cook has been dragging that joke of a club along on many occasions. A guy like Gerrard would walk into any team, and that FA Cup final is a blinding example of what I think you mean. All too often players like that end up frustrating themselves and try too hard creating holes elsewhere, Ritchie is a good example of this, he would regularly chase matches, more so than other players on the pitch. I wonder how Eddie feels about that, we know that they work a helluva lot on positions and zones during different phases

There's a few leaders and would be leaders looking for new challenges in the Westminster village people, trouble is, most are right wingers. : )

;