On this day 15 November

RobTrent

UTC Legend
1980 Down to the bare bones of supporters now as just 2,203 fans watched AFCB draw 1-1 at home to York City at Dean Court. Still not the lowest crowd I would be amongst at a Dean Court league fixture though.

1986 Fareham Town were no match for a confident AFC Bournemouth in this FA Cup first round tie. The Cherries convincingly winning 7-2, thanks to Trevor Aylott, Carl Richards (2), a hat-trick from (my second cousin apparently) David Puckett and an own goal. Attendance: 4,759.

1997 It’s the turn of Heybridge Swifts to have their cup dreams ended at Dean Court. One from Steve Robinson and two from Russell Beardsmore give AFCB a 3-0 win. Attendance: 3,385.

2003 A 1-2 home defeat (Feeney) in the League against Peterborough. Attendance: 6,963.

2008 Accrington (away) - 3 down in 20 minutes. Lots of bad language in the car on the way home from my grandmother's funeral.
Think there were some verbals between away fans and one or two of the players after the game if my memory serves me right.

2008 Accrington (away) - 3 down in 20 minutes. Lots of bad language in the car on the way home from my grandmother's funeral.
Think there were some verbals between away fans and one or two of the players after the game if my memory serves me right.

Your memory serves you very right.

I am very glad that for this 10th anniversary, I was in the Rocky Mountains far from an internet connection to recall this day.

15th November 2008 was a day that I would rate as one of the 10 darkest in AFCB history. Little did we know that before the year was out there would be two even more disppointing days.

;