One year on...

It is still so hard to believe all that happened to tinpot AFCB. I know its easy to say but no other club or its supporters will ever have that journey. I feel so lucky to have been able to witness it all at first hand.
"They don't want to go up" !!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Eddie (and Max)

Just amazing.

what a shame it was seeing Eddie alone at goodison feeling the pain of relegation. We would have given him a loving farewell if fans had been allowed to attend.

as for brett’s goals - he’s still going and he scored a 40 yard lob for Bristol rovers at weekend!

It is still so hard to believe all that happened to tinpot AFCB. I know its easy to say but no other club or its supporters will ever have that journey. I feel so lucky to have been able to witness it all at first hand.
"They don't want to go up" !!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Eddie (and Max)

It's ironic that I'd watch the football league show the BBC did a while ago and they'd dip into the history of all these random clubs and you'd hear about how some unfashionable team had reached the giddy heights of League 1 (old money) thinking there's no way that would happen in modern football.

It's ironic that I'd watch the football league show the BBC did a while ago and they'd dip into the history of all these random clubs and you'd hear about how some unfashionable team had reached the giddy heights of League 1 (old money) thinking there's no way that would happen in modern football.
I think Northampton went from Div 4 to Div 1 and back again in 9 seasons back in the 60's. They didn't start from minus 17 though and had just the one season in Div 1 !

Still upset and peed off about it to this day then I think about it, and I suspect I will be for a long time yet.

So many variables both without and within the club's control that could have gone another way and prevented Eddie leaving.

Still upset and peed off about it to this day then I think about it, and I suspect I will be for a long time yet.

So many variables both without and within the club's control that could have gone another way and prevented Eddie leaving.
It still hurts. But after our interim flirtations with others, the permanent appointment of Parker and his team has at least given me hope that maybe a new post-EH era could be started. Whether or not that happens remains to be seen but I at least have some hope that there could be a new dawn under Parker ( unlike with the appointments of JT and then Woodgate ).
Clearly Parker will have a hell of a job on. EH is as near as you can get to an impossible act to follow ! I look forward to EH's third spell here at some point in the future. In the meantime I am wishing Scott Parker well and hoping that the board give him the means to get the job done.

Last edited:
All this talk of "a project and vision" Eddie gave us that the rest just hung onto his coat tails clutching their wallets.

Eddie is an absolute legend and I just hope one day we get a chance to say thank you to him!
That was the worst part of his leaving for me. No closure for the fans. We didn't know about it until the season was over and there was never an opportunity for the fans to say thank you and farewell. I suppose that's the case when most managers leave a football club but in EH's case it leaves you feeling that there is a lack of closure.

On the plus side, I'm sure he KNOWS how much he was loved and appreciated here, even if you all never got to show it !

Just amazing.

what a shame it was seeing Eddie alone at goodison feeling the pain of relegation. We would have given him a loving farewell if fans had been allowed to attend.

as for brett’s goals - he’s still going and he scored a 40 yard lob for Bristol rovers at weekend!

Chip...not lob, ball was on floor. Long range chip? Do we need another word? Suppose it's just a shot.

And don't roll your eyes. This is important stuff ;)

;