Other poster abuse

dragonm8

UTC Legend
Now, I’ve become a bit part player on these forums today, what with all the ‘new fans’ and the announcement of Yanks arriving, 50 million pound signings and Kenyans offering us an advert every second post.

However, what I have found a little disappointing is the relentless pursuit of a certain poster.......

We’ve all had our fights and laughs from the dark old days, discussions about Fletch, Bradbury, Platt and Blissett.

Can we not relentlessly bully someone please??

Als and exception, but come on..... we’ve all gone a bit Premier League.

Just joking Al

Peace fellow plastics

I think the issue is that the poster in question is so blatantly a troll people get annoyed by it. I don't partake in the 'abuse' as I just hit that ignore button

Now, I’ve become a bit part player on these forums today, what with all the ‘new fans’ and the announcement of Yanks arriving, 50 million pound signings and Kenyans offering us an advert every second post.

However, what I have found a little disappointing is the relentless pursuit of a certain poster.......

We’ve all had our fights and laughs from the dark old days, discussions about Fletch, Bradbury, Platt and Blissett.

Just joking Al

Peace fellow plastics
What's wrong with 'new fans'?
We were all a 'new fan' once.

Any poster that talks in a way that suggests he assumes that others are thick ..and repeats constantly the same negative projections about their favourite football team...then he will be villified!
If the content is also always around the same subject...it also becomes boring and offers nothing to the forum other than a target for attack from those that want to vent anger...especially if the team is ' already' having problems .
This particular poster and others like him are not 'shrinking violets' and do not need protection.....they are attempting to be the bully!
Changing names is similar to finding a new territory when they fail!
If they are ' useless ' at it...then that will attract humour and ridicule too.
In this instance....it's so lukewarm...it doesn't need much to deal with it!

The said person is just an agitator looking for attention...the best remedy is to bypass his comments and not fan his desire, or hit the ignore button.

dragonm8 I fully appreciate the sentiments of fair play you suggest and normally would totally agree but the recent saga is not just unique to this board but also the the Echo comments in the past. I long gave up reading The Echo comments purely because of the tiresome, negative and anti everything tirade from Lincoln .From reading on here others did the same. When faced with an action replay on this board for the first time ever I used the ignore button but could still read the ramifications of his posts.

There a line between ‘abuse/bullying’ and ‘debating’. I haven’t seen any post get personal towards the poster but have noticed said poster has been personal to atleast 3/4 other posters including myself.

As said above the person in question needs to be open to the questioning and responses they get because of their troll and repetitive nature.

Any poster that talks in a way that suggests he assumes that others are thick ..and repeats constantly the same negative projections about their favourite football team...then he will be villified!
If the content is also always around the same subject...it also becomes boring and offers nothing to the forum other than a target for attack from those that want to vent anger...especially if the team is ' already' having problems .
This particular poster and others like him are not 'shrinking violets' and do not need protection.....they are attempting to be the bully!
Changing names is similar to finding a new territory when they fail!
If they are ' useless ' at it...then that will attract humour and ridicule too.
In this instance....it's so lukewarm...it doesn't need much to deal with it!

In essence this just boils down to the fact that you will attack all people that have a different opinion from your own. I strongly suspect that it is you that reported me to the administrator for allegedly repeating myself, of which is untrue, in a deliberate attempt to get me removed from the forum. If people raise the same points then it will attract the same response.

In view of this you will now no doubt be devastated by the news that I will now no longer respond to your posts and or comments and I suggest you do the same with mine.

In essence this just boils down to the fact that you will attack all people that have a different opinion from your own. I strongly suspect that it is you that reported me to the administrator for allegedly repeating myself, of which is untrue, in a deliberate attempt to get me removed from the forum. If people raise the same points then it will attract the same response.

In view of this you will now no doubt be devastated by the news that I will now no longer respond to your posts and or comments and I suggest you do the same with mine.

I think Bill has given you more slack than most.
Do you not wonder why you get confrontation all the time?
You used to post inane comments on the echo site, not just the sports page.
You would then revert to calling people balloon heads and so on.

Last edited:
I think Bill has given you more slack than most.
Do you not wonder why you get confrontation all the time?
You used to post inane comments on the echo site, not just the sports page.
You would then revert to calling people ballon heads and so on.

I have now refrained from name calling although it is difficult sometimes when people just cannot see what is staring them in the face. What is happening now is people will disparage anything I post regardless of its validity. You may care to note my posts today and see if you can pick holes in them.

One could say Good Evening to someone and it will be considered as an insult.

In fairness to smhinto/cherrybright ( presumably he has now dropped his previous pretence that he is not smhinto ! ) about 5 of his multiple hundreds of posts were neither particularly annoying nor attempting to provoke any sort of reaction. Dare I say it, a couple of posts actually contributed something to the forum. Unfortunately the ratio of attempts to contribute something worthwhile to posts obviously designed to wind people up is piss poor. So all he is really guilty of is not playing very nicely with others. No ban required in my opinion but neither is it worthwhile trying to change his ways. He does what he does either deliberately or because he is incapable of understanding why he rubs people up the wrong way.

If he winds you up, just ignore his posts. If we continue to do that he may get bored and go somewhere else. This is an open forum and banning people just because they annoy us is the start of a slippery slope. Not only that, there is nothing to prevent any banned user from setting up a new account and returning ( IP filter could be circumvented by using a VPN for instance ). So let's just ignore the trolling and hope for the best. If he posts something interesting or amusing I will be happy to read it and respond.

Let's just rise above it people.
:utc::cheers:

dragonm8 I fully appreciate the sentiments of fair play you suggest and normally would totally agree but the recent saga is not just unique to this board but also the the Echo comments in the past. I long gave up reading The Echo comments purely because of the tiresome, negative and anti everything tirade from Lincoln .From reading on here others did the same. When faced with an action replay on this board for the first time ever I used the ignore button but could still read the ramifications of his posts.
Exactly this.

It's nothing to do with disagreeing with the bloke, in fact that's the lifeblood of any forum like this. I certainly don't agree with dragonm8 all the time but I always read his posts because I'm happy to have my own views challenged (then I know I'm right :grinning:).

It's the relentless negativity and leadening pessimism that does for me and unfortunately pollutes otherwise genuinely interesting threads even when he's on ignore.

His reappearance is hugely disappointing.

...you have got to laugh at this forum sometimes...we are all probably crazy and annoying in some way and I welcome anyone no matter what their views are! That is all they are opinions no matter how disagreeable...even the name calling and bitchiness makes for good reading often. It is great to hide behind keyboards in darkened rooms and take a pop at others!...I guess that is how some just get their kicks in life?

Wasn't me who reported you...I would like you to stay, if as I suspect you are actually a fan, so then you care about Afcb.....
All I ask ...is.. you post some positive points to balance things out and stop being so bloody aloof and repetitive!
On two occasions you related some stories of your scouting stuff which I found interesting and amusing!
And tbf....sometimes you are right about some things....it's just that it tends to be things we already know ...you appear to think you are ' teaching ' us !

Last edited:

Just joking Al

Peace fellow plastics

Can't remember the last time I agreed with you on anything so finding myself liking your post is bizarre.

No doubt normal service will be resumed shortly.

;