Other poster abuse

Double abuse - me and Al. Report or not .... hmmm, I'll let you off the hook given your fine use of smilies.
Per Grammarly ... "Realise and realize are different spellings of the same word, and they can be used interchangeably. Both are common throughout the English-speaking world. Realize is preferred in American and Canadian English, while realise is preferred outside North America."
Preferred? its proper English.

Spelling is not important on this forum. Yes I do make spelling mistakes but ythey are not intetional as they are typing errors caused by hitting the wrong key and I cannot bve botheres to read over to post to check it. It is not because I can't spell.

:) I can't work out if the errors are intentional or not.

I think I must have missed something over the past few days, a competition perhaps; a lottery, or something more unsavoury like a bung of some sort in a brown envelope...or is everyone on this m/b, eventually, going to get their own thread too I wonder...

Not a real American, they never use the 'u', like color, flavor, and all manner of reprehensible crimes against the English language
It’s us that have committed the crimes . The Yanks speak the English we gave to them when we invaded their land. We added the u to words much later. Let’s face it, sidewalk is a much better word than pavement and in what century does dual carriageway belong?

It’s us that have committed the crimes . The Yanks speak the English we gave to them when we invaded their land. We added the u to words much later. Let’s face it, sidewalk is a much better word than pavement and in what century does dual carriageway belong?

No! Our language; our rules! Any Englishman in an argument with a non-englishman about the English language is automatically declared correct by birthright. Even if he is factually wrong. ;)

Whatever negativity is put onto this forum regarding results/position etc. ...it can't compete with the previous bad news about the stalling of Stadium progress....which has knocked our confidence in the future of Afcb somewhat...so I'm not setting my hopes too high for now....if we went down in two or three years time, say, it would more or less ' fit ' in terms of the Stadium situation and 'still' being regarded Tinpot.
That's the most negative I can be....and I don't like Me when i've thought that...so I live for each game and enjoy the overall entertainment these guys are providing! The Ultimate Dreams are still on until we totally know any different...negative projections before each game serve No Purpose!

Hahaha, as a 'bloody colonial' I see Stan's argument, but can't help but defer to my wanting to be a real Englisher, so trying harder than the locals

But let's be honest, maybe America (continent) loved being colonialised, I mean no-one held a lnaguage, down soutrh they speak Spanish and Portuguese, up north, English (almost) and French. If they had good speakig stuff you'd think they'd have kept it

(/dickheadedness)

Some of the American words for British things are hllarious!

My ' favorite ' is Popover....for Yorkshire Pudding! ..and they don't use the roast beef stock to cook em in ! and they do it in 'muffin' tins with steep sides ..not angled !
Hope they don't do it that way in Bournemouth pubs! Gee you guys...we need to get Lewis Cook as Yorkshire Pud Inspector while he's out!

I'd just like to apologise to anybody reading this in North America (apart from Trump), my reference to UK/US spelling appears to have unleashed the dogs of war.

Be very afraid, in the UK bastardised spelling is almost as controversial as ending a sentence with a preposition.

And for Gods' sake, don't mention use of the apostrophe.

I'm pretty sure the 'u' was removed - along with the 'e' at the end of axe - in circa 1824, when a fellow by the name of Webster decided to change the spellings of words, by removing superfluous, silent-letters.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Webster's_Dictionary

;