Our playing style next season

I have two e-mail adresses, can I come and wind you all up next season?
I must admit it would be fun, but unfortunately I don't have time.

To be honest I feel a bit gaslighted by Waz's rebranding.
It does feel like it doesn’t it.

As for Waz’s original question, isn’t it a rather pointless question at this stage. Surely we need to know the make up of the squad (i.e. those who leave, if any, and particularly new signings) and then we’ll have a better idea.

Well logically I'd say we'll need to be more defensive and then hit teams on the break to counteract the strong PL opposition compared to the Championship. Having said that, I can't see why Parker would bring in a possession-based build up to strong chances 'Philosophy' to just get us into the PL and then bring in another philosophy. That doesn't seem like Parker. So, I think he'll stick with Parker Ball, but switch to defensive/hit them on the break if we score or if the opposition don't allow Parker Ball because they are too strong in possession themselves.

Hopefully teams will consider us cannon fodder and really press us for the win.

It feels completely different getting promoted this time, from when Howe took us up.

Howe, and the team were riding on a 5 year high of back to back promotions and an attacking philosophy.

Parker is clearly more reserved, but we always had the best success under Parker when we the game was open.

No team in the PL is going to park the bus against us, especially now the Ginger Gimp has left Burnley.

With a few astute signings and decent team morale, I can see us being well comfortable of the relegation places next season.

Our local rivals Southampton may well finish below us.

Parker needs to be brave, for the players and the fans.

As you say each to their own. There was very little excitement last season, until the end, a lot of negative football and not many shots on target in some games. Going was a habit not something to look forward to.

Parker got us over the line, he never told the media he has a new ands exciting brand of football.

It's a massive conundrum.....he was paid to get this team over the line.....and he did.

Is he the best person to oversee us in a tougher season next year?

Probably not.

With a few astute signings and decent team morale, I can see us being well comfortable of the relegation places next season.

Our local rivals Southampton may well finish below us.

hope you're right but I can't see it myself
in previous seasons they've been a couple of existing pl teams in distress [villa, swansea, fulham & hull spring to mind] plus those promoted, but can't think the likes of leeds and everton from last season will be as bad

and the scummers usually have a decent run somewhere and cobble together just about enough points to stay up, sadly

Waz, in true celebrity style has distanced himself from his own manipulated profile

Harry and Waz

Waz and Charles.

Waz and Diana.

Only a true narcissist would change tact like Waz.

Run the entire forum down for 5 months, bet against the team, declare NF were going to take second, despite finishing 8 points to behind us.

Randy rardy f7xking ya.

I could go on.

Then the halfway CNUT rebirth himself as KING..

KIngKeiffer

Waz, fck off you cnht.

or, perhaps, waz realised he'd behaved like a tool, backed himself into a corner and chose a sensible way out?

personally, I don't care
IF it is a more level-headed, well reasoned reincarnation, then crack on

As you say each to their own. There was very little excitement last season, until the end, a lot of negative football and not many shots on target in some games. Going was a habit not something to look forward to.

As you say, each to their own.

If you can't get excited about seeing the team you support finish in one of the automatic promotion places, then you might aswell not bother going.

Find the comment about there being 'very little excitement' quite laughable really, let's just ignore the 15 game unbeaten run at the start of the season to suit your argument.

The 'not many shots on target' comment is also not true. Even during our rough patch around Dec/Jan we still missed some sitters during those games.

You won't come across teams like the 14/15 squad that won the league, or Newcastle under Keegan anymore. What we witness now from most teams is the norm, trying to style themselves on what Pep has turned Man City into.

I know though that the anti Parker brigade won't understand this as it doesn't suit their agenda.

The playing style Parker has instilled was built for this team to use in the PL, Tanswell has said as much before. So it won't change much, maybe just odd tweaks that new faces may provide. For example Moore gives us one such option.

As has been said already, few if any will park the bus against us in the PL. We will be attacked and there will be gaps going the other way, IF we can defend those attacks.

Each to their own I guess, but last season for me was the most enjoyable for quite a number of years.

Aspects of last season were disappointing, and it wasn't always great being in the crowd for different reasons. But, at the end of the day, we got promoted, so I have to be happy with that. I think the difference is that this season we'll be (myself included) more forgiving of the disappointments. If we stay up, I'll be delighted.

We were at the top of the table all year, yes there were some boring games but there were times we played some superb football.

There were spectacular highlights like Moore's goal, dom got 30 goals and we had the emergence of new players like Anthony, Zemura and Travs.

On top of all that we had no VAR and any team in the championship could beat any other.

I'm not sure what more people want.

The playing style Parker has instilled was built for this team to use in the PL, Tanswell has said as much before. So it won't change much, maybe just odd tweaks that new faces may provide. For example Moore gives us one such option.

As has been said already, few if any will park the bus against us in the PL. We will be attacked and there will be gaps going the other way, IF we can defend those attacks.

I agree. The most worrying part for me is we don't have a settled back 4. If Mepham and Kelly weren't the answer in the Championship then they ain't going to be the answer facing relentless PL quality attacking players. We are also lacking key quality backup players in all our defensive positions.

Yes I know the window has only just opened but we are already at a disadvantage compared to most teams and will lag further behind the longer it takes to get our business done. There are less than 2 months til the start of the season and we've seen that many if not most defensive partnerships usually take a decent amount of time to develop fully, especially to be 'Premier League ready' (and our fanbase is not the most patient at the best of times). At this stage I think it will be a massive challenge to hit the ground running.

For me, bringing in Nat Phillips is crucial to mitigating the risk, and having that continuity from the Championship. I personally wouldn't mind us paying that extra bit to have someone who is well integrated into the playing XI. We would definitely need other players who can fight him for his place but he would be my number 1 target.

Reading that back does sound unintentionally negative. I do have faith in Scotty P to assemble a competitive squad, I just feel like he has a bigger challenge to prepare for the start of the season than many people realise.

;