Our set-up and tactics

Our tactics amount to one phrase or two ..Gerrin' to 'em...pull ther'n ' fookin pants down..and set oop fookin camp in ther'n goalmouths !
Then ...if it's an away game oop north - our fans what have travelled, raid their abundant allotments and coom 'ome wid enough veg -et -ables( that's how they pronounce stuff- them can't speak proper) te sooplement yer roast next day!
Mission accomplished - Wish I Was Youngergate !

Last edited:
Our tactics amount to one phrase ..Gerrin' to 'em...pull ther'n ' fookin pants down..and set oop fookin camp in ther'n goalmouths !
Then ...if it's an away game oop north - our fans what have travelled, raid their abundant allotments and coom 'ome wid enough veg -et -ables( that's how they pronounce stuff- them can't speak proper) te sooplement yer roast next day!
Mission accomplished - wish I was Youngergate !
I know its "five o'clock somewhere" but...

Definitely an interesting read, not sure I’d agree with all of it and certainly not “Overall, Bournemouth play very exciting football”….maybe it’s an unfair comparison in my mind to the EH promotion side that does it, but I’d describe Scottys brand as organised and efficient in getting the job done.

What impressed me about the analysis is that it’s pretty much as I see it watching from the NS … could have been written by one of SP’s coaching team. A bit thin on defence and role of the keeper; otherwise, very perceptive.

Phillips rated quite well, we've got to try and get him back surely? I know there's a thread about him but this seemed relevant to the article.

Last edited:
For some reason every time I try to start a thread, it deletes after the first few words. Therefore I shall hijack this one.
My set up to get us into the European spots next season;
Travers
Smith Fredericks Kelly Zemura
Brooks Lerma Billing Anthony
Solanke Moore

Interesting read but I’d say it was heavily featured on the Blackburn away game. Lerma and Cook are rarely the pivot. Lerma is normally in line with Billing and Cook a single pivot. That said I think we will play a double pivot next season especially in tougher games.

Our issue will be pace out wide. Neither Christie or Anthony are lightening and both like to slow down and play. I worry we will get bogged down doing this against better defenders and for lesser teams the need to play on the break is massive.

Definitely an interesting read, not sure I’d agree with all of it and certainly not “Overall, Bournemouth play very exciting football”….maybe it’s an unfair comparison in my mind to the EH promotion side that does it, but I’d describe Scottys brand as organised and efficient in getting the job done.

Agreed, a lot was made from the average position which didn't show any of the major points made by the author.

The average position of Zemura and Smith was a mirror, despite Smith supposedly being defensively minded and staying back.

Also, Lerma wasn't over to the right and sat as deep as Cook, when he was supposed to act as a winger in possession.

Same with Kelly and Philips the latter of which is supposed to be more advanced in possession.

Perhaps a touch or heat map would've backed up the argument better.

;