Our strongest 11…

blandford_cherry

UTC Legend
Anyone?
We could now field an entire starting 11 of players that weren’t in the squad 2 years ago. The selection headache here has to be midfield….

Is this our strongest 11 if everyone is fit?

Nyland

Stacey
Cahill
Kelly
Davis

Brooks
Lerma
Billing
Rogers

Solanke
Lowe

Leaves a bench/rest of the squad of:

Travers
S.Cook
Mepham
Smith
Marcondes
Christie
Pearson
L.Cook
Rossi
Kilkenny
Zemura
Anthony
Saydee

Last edited:
No way that you can’t have Zemura in our strongest 11 on current form.
Despite the fact that he’s been recruited as a back up forward, Lowe on the left wing is probably our best option in that position. He admitted himself in his interview that it’s his preferred position.
The number eights have to be Billing and Christie, Christie is the potential game changing player for us. An attacking mid who can drive forward with the ball and create for others. Has to start.
Kelly is a liability imo, so the centre backs should be Mepham/Cook and Cahill.
Number six is an interesting one. I’d actually have Kilkenny in there as he is best suited of the lot to fulfil that role. L Cook when fit would probably edge ahead though. If we wanted a more defensive option in our position then Pearson should be first in line. That leaves Lerma as fourth choice in that position lol

That we are able to list 2 players for each position is a good start. We certainly couldn't have said that a month ago.

Up to Parker to suss out what we wants to do with them, he's now got options of players, formations and styles.

Hard to comment too much on all the new guys just yet. I'd punt with something like:

‐------------Travers
Smith Cahill Kelly Zemura
---Pearson Billing Lerma
---Brooks Solanke Lowe

With a 2nd 11 of

---------------Nyland
Stacey Mepham Cook Davis (also Rossi)
L.Cook Killkenny Marcondes
Christie Rogers Anthony

Last edited:
Our midfield options will be a headache for Parker and one he's going to need to sort out quickly unless he intends on rotating often. I've not seen enough of Christie to have an opinion of him, but with everyone fit and firing, I'd see Pearson and Billing (in an advanced role) as being key. I don't think we'll see much more of Kilkenny unless there's injuries/suspensions which is a shame but it is what it is. I'd much rather have this problem than where we were at the start of the season though!

a fully functioning brooks walks into my team, otherwise its nice to see he has competition and can be dropped. not sure his face can get anymore miserable tho can it?!

—————-Travers
Smith—Cook—-Kelly—Davis
———Pearson—L.Cook
Brooks—-Christie—-Lowe
—————Solanke

I’d be excited and intrigued by the above. No idea if it would work out but there’s certainly some potential there.

That we are able to list 2 players for each position is a good start. We certainly couldn't have said that a month ago.

Up the Parker to suss out what we wants to do with them, he's now options of players, formations and styles.

Hard to comment too much on all the new guys just yet. I'd punt with something like:

‐------------Travers
Smith Cahill Kelly Zemura
---Pearson Billing Lerma
---Brooks Solanke Lowe

With a 2nd 11 of

---------------Nyland
Stacey Mepham Cook Davis (also Rossi)
L.Cook Killkenny Marcondes
Christie Rogers Anthony
I'd go for your first 11 as well, although Pearson and Lerma, maybe don't create enough, whilst making us exceptionally solid. Christie needs to play. I guess it depends on the opposition. Then again Rogers is supposed to be a wonder kid, and I also really like Anthony........

—————-Travers
Smith—Cook—-Kelly—Davis
———Pearson—L.Cook
Brooks—-Christie—-Lowe
—————Solanke

I’d be excited and intrigued by the above. No idea if it would work out but there’s certainly some potential there.

Love the look of that DJ. With able backups.

,...........................Travers
Smith...... Mepham......Cook......Zemura
,...................... Kilkenny
................Lerma.......Stan
,......Lowe........Dom........ Anthony

....this is obviously the system Parker wants to play .....only LCook and Kilkenny can play that no.6 role imo.
I'd include Lerma in the there just to drop in to help Gav and for what he brings to a press......which with Billing and Marcondes has been non existent.
I'd like to see Lowe on the left but not really sure what the point would be if he's instructed to stay wide.

We didn't really have the personal to make 343 work but I think we have now...
......................... Travers
....... Mepham...... Cahill....... Kelly
Stacy..... Christie.... Pearson..... Zemura
..........Lowe.......Dom........Stan

Anyone?
We could now field an entire starting 11 of players that weren’t in the squad 2 years ago. The selection headache here has to be midfield….

Is this our strongest 11 if everyone is fit?

Nyland

Stacey
Cahill
Kelly
Davis

Brooks
Lerma
Billing
Rogers

Solanke
Lowe

Leaves a bench/rest of the squad of:

Travers
S.Cook
Mepham
Smith
Marcondes
Christie
Pearson
L.Cook
Rossi
Kilkenny
Zemura
Anthony
Saydee

Slight divergence, but my preferred 11 for the final game (assuming nobody is rested because we have walked it).

Travers
Stacey Rossi Kelly Davis
L Cook Pearson
Rogers Christie Anthony
Solanke

Rationale is that's the team I want to reach their potential and give us greatest prospect for the season that follows regardless of division. What happens between now and then is going to fill these Boards weekly.

Early last season we rotated too much for some, so either they will be complaining or others will be complaining we are not giving time to certain players, particularly former academy ones.

Personally, I just hope every 11 gives me the same enjoyment as the one I felt during the original great escape, when we won nothing but they made you proud every single week.

,...........................Travers
Smith...... Mepham......Cook......Zemura
,...................... Kilkenny
................Lerma.......Stan
,......Lowe........Dom........ Anthony

....this is obviously the system Parker wants to play .....only LCook and Kilkenny can play that no.6 role imo.
I'd include Lerma in the there just to drop in to help Gav and for what he brings to a press......which with Billing and Marcondes has been non existent.
I'd like to see Lowe on the left but not really sure what the point would be if he's instructed to stay wide.

We didn't really have the personal to make 343 work but I think we have now...
......................... Travers
....... Mepham...... Cahill....... Kelly
Stacy..... Christie.... Pearson..... Zemura
..........Lowe.......Dom........Stan
Agree we have personnel for 3-4-3 but that looks more defensive than necessary. Why wouldn't Kilkenny with protection of back 3 fit?.

How many of your 11 have PL season in them for next year, might be best 11 today but how do ween ourselves off the injury plagued old legs that may need replacing in 12 months.

No way that you can’t have Zemura in our strongest 11 on current form.
Despite the fact that he’s been recruited as a back up forward, Lowe on the left wing is probably our best option in that position. He admitted himself in his interview that it’s his preferred position.
The number eights have to be Billing and Christie, Christie is the potential game changing player for us. An attacking mid who can drive forward with the ball and create for others. Has to start.
Kelly is a liability imo, so the centre backs should be Mepham/Cook and Cahill.
Number six is an interesting one. I’d actually have Kilkenny in there as he is best suited of the lot to fulfil that role. L Cook when fit would probably edge ahead though. If we wanted a more defensive option in our position then Pearson should be first in line. That leaves Lerma as fourth choice in that position lol

As I say the central midfield is a complete headache, there’s scope to have allowed Kilkenny out on a loan. How you choose between a fit Pearson, Cook and Lerma and now Christie I don’t know!

I put Davis ahead of Zemura based on his experience, granted we shouldn’t be dropping either Zemura or Anthony at the moment on paper….

I put Davis ahead of Zemura based on his experience, granted we shouldn’t be dropping either Zemura or Anthony at the moment on paper….

I think you can drop both, they need time. Lowe offers more than Anthony at the moment. Hes done a great job but the last couple of games have also shown his decison making and finishing has not been quite there. Not his fault at all, hes young and learning his trade at this level. I dont think weve bought the players in that we have to give Anthony all the time he needs to mature. He will get his chances and quite possibly be an excellent impact sub but hes not quite there yet.

;