Pat down checks

Were people patted down or did the steward pass a metal detecting wand over you. Where I went in, it was the later.

I think the risk of not doing it is that it removes the deterrent for future games. If a lack of security becomes predictable then that puts everyone at unacceptable risk, but especially players and assistant refs.

I got patted down but my jacket pockets that were filled with phones, and food were ignored.

It needs to be done efficiently but selectively.

The current system is not likely to find anything but a large suicide belt or a grenade launcher.

Target the ones with shifty eyes and make them wish they'd never come to football

Also are the same people moaning about being patted down for 10 seconds concerned about sitting within 1 metre of 5 or 6 potential strangers for over 90 minutes?

Also are the same people moaning about being patted down for 10 seconds concerned about sitting within 1 metre of 5 or 6 potential strangers for over 90 minutes?

Sitting next to people is a necessary corollary of allowing fans back into stadia. Standing in line for pointless so-called security checks isn’t. I have no problems with security measures provided they are proportionate and effective. The current cursory sheep dip approach is neither.

Sitting next to people is a necessary corollary of allowing fans back into stadia. Standing in line for pointless so-called security checks isn’t. I have no problems with security measures provided they are proportionate and effective. The current cursory sheep dip approach is neither.

But my point is they need to maintain security, you can’t have one rule for stadiums in London and a different one here. Knife crime is through the roof in London and in parts of the country, it only takes one idiot, it’s something that’s happened for years and it needs to be maintained, virus or not.

The way they pat you down, unless you had an Uzi in the vicinity of your car keys pocket you’d get anything in anyway…

Apart from the big haired kid who works on the East Stand occasionally who clearly follows the manual. I’ve had shorter relationships in my own life than some of his pat downs. Look for the long queue if you are interested.

our stewarding and security checks are ridiculous. Far more time consuming and onerous than many clubs that I have been to. Many of the PL clubs do not check everyone, they use a far more sensible targeted approach. My wife had a small bag with her on Saturday and the female steward looked at it, put a security tag on it but made no attempt to look inside it - whats the point of it then. There is no need to give everyone a cursory patdown, do a proper search on a smaller targeted number.
Just wait there will be massive queues on friday as we get a big crowd and people get there later after work etc.

I rarely take a bag to a game, but did on Saturday.

Firstly, you get body checked, and I held my bag out to the side with arms outstretched. Bag wasn't touched and he patted me down.

There was then enough of a queue between myself and the bag checking person for me to quickly nip in and take whatever I wanted out of the bag and place it in a pocket before they check and tag the bag.

It's not perfect either way.

I got asked whether I had anything in my hood.
I told him that I wouldn't say even if I had.
He said "fair enough" and just let me by!

I am just amazed at the age of some of the people that are searched. Do they honestly think that some of these pensioners would bring flares or other dangerous objects into the ground. Never seen anything like it at away games.

I am just amazed at the age of some of the people that are searched. Do they honestly think that some of these pensioners would bring flares or other dangerous objects into the ground. Never seen anything like it at away games.
I reckon a set of false teeth could do some damage in the wrong hands.

Patting down at Dean Court !...really does sound quite revolting....a modern thing that has to be endured I guess for safe supporting.
I imagine Ken Bailey would have....no I won't go there :censored:

Like Neil I queue for the East Stand. As we only have two gates for two thirds of the stand the queues can get long, triple and quadruple sometimes. It has a occurred to me that a potential terrorist, intent on harm, could do far more harm with the queues themselves, outside the stands, than inside, where people are seated and partially protected by the plastic seats.

PS. Why do they take the top off a water bottle? It's a bloody nuisance.

;