Peak 6

Patience.
I reckon "the next level" is coming.

I will keep digging...you keep mocking.:utc:
Not mocking, merely pointing out your contradictory statements!

Hopefully the "next level" is upwards, although Max has done alright so far!

Firstly, read what has actually been said rather than what you think has been said before going off on one.

Secondly, perhaps think about getting some help...

In hindsight...I'm not QUITE sure who needed the Help....was it Me.....Was it really? Back then ..it quite easily could have been...I was Ranting on full steam...but always knew my instincts were fairly sound!
Especially when it comes to Americans and Money ..merciless generally, not that it's always bad...but in our National Sport .mmm!
What have we Gained from their Investment.....not a lot! And look around the Fleet, sorry League, Choppy Seas and Choppy Forecasts?

Well Holy F###ing Piggybanks ! How gloriously interesting - excuse me while I ejaculate into an out of date packet of pork scratchings. Money, Money, Money!

Things will ALWAYS be 'a little bit quiet' on the finance front and controlling individuals will ALWAYS be one step ahead of amateur ' know f##k all ' afficionados from well meaning ' THINK they are clever' clusters of Fog- blocked Terrace Turkeys....Too many layers of moneysucking , motherf##king leeches for the honest people to penetrate!

Nice bottle of red was it Bill ?

I am really confused by this thread!

Al clearly said peak would be exiting a while back so spot on.

Not quite sure as to (1) why all the insults; (2) what are the implications of sole ownership for the club; (3) spending £30m ish on two players for the future would imply selling the club?

I am really confused by this thread!

Al clearly said peak would be exiting a while back so spot on.

Not quite sure as to (1) why all the insults; (2) what are the implications of sole ownership for the club; (3) spending £30m ish on two players for the future would imply selling the club?
1) No idea.
2) Some see it as buying back control to sell on. At least that's how I interpret what they're saying.
3) I agree it seems strange.

Nice bottle of red was it Bill ?
No funnily enough ..I was stone cold on Tea that day....I was very Wound up about American involvement from the word go...still don't like it....I won't bore you with my reasoning. However I do regret some of my wording in that post...RT commented on it at the time..it was a bit too insulting generally! But I really don't like the American ways of taking Our Sport forward......I love Baseball and would not like Us to mess with that!

Last edited:
If he is selling the club now, then f****ing hell we should all show some god damn respect, to this rando Russian man that strolled in and transformed this club with his meaty bank account. I’ll always cherish the image of Demin completely off his tits vs Bolton. On a serious note, if he is preparing to sell, then it’s great that his last investment into the club is to fund moves for two highly promising players for the future. Shows just how much of a mercenary owner he ISN’T.

If he isn’t selling the club, then even better. Can’t think of anyone else better suited to carrying the club even further forward.

If he is selling the club now, then f****ing hell we should all show some god damn respect, to this rando Russian man that strolled in and transformed this club with his meaty bank account. I’ll always cherish the image of Demin completely off his tits vs Bolton. On a serious note, if he is preparing to sell, then it’s great that his last investment into the club is to fund moves for two highly promising players for the future. Shows just how much of a mercenary owner he ISN’T.

If he isn’t selling the club, then even better. Can’t think of anyone else better suited to carrying the club even further forward.

Absolutely! And a round of applause for Eddie Mitchell's role in all this too.:throw:

Interesting. We all know that Eddie :love: Max and Max has just backed him heavily in the transfer market. Sounds like all is still peachy between them. I recall the press conference back when it was announced that the stadium and training ground were on hold. Eddie was asked about it and he gave a slightly awkward but diplomatic answer to the effect of “If the SHAREHOLDERS think it is the right decision for them, then it is the right decision for them. It would not be the right decision for me”. At the time I found his use of the word “shareholder” interesting. Knowing of his relationship with Max it seemed a cold term to use. Why not say “owners” ? Maybe Peak6 were all mouth and no trousers. Maybe as mentioned above, pushing to build infrastructure could be their spiel to get a foot in the door. But as an investment group that seemed to be an odd priority for them to have. Building a stadium is a big financial risk and there would be a long wait for a return. I always thought they bought in to buy low and sell high. Their wanting to commit to a massive investment in infrastructure never added up for me. Now it appears that Max once again has complete control and HE will know how important the training ground (firstly) and the stadium (secondly) are to Eddie. Maybe Peak6 bottled when it came to green lighting the investment in the stadium and training ground and it just took this long to finally manoeuvre them out of the club ?
Maybe Peak6 were the problem all along ?
I now expect to hear good news about the training ground in the not too distant future !
:utc:
One more thing. It might, as a happy coincidence, currently have made sense for Max ( or his buddies ) to move more of his ( their ? ) money into the club where it could be safer from any pending anti-russian sanctions. It is a UK registered company at least.

Feeling positive about this development !!!

;