Philip

I know the 2 things Eddie won't have in his squad is 1) Laziness and 2) A bad attitude. So I hope he proves himself to be none of them. I feel this is such a huge gamble, however if it pays off we could have a great player. 6ft 6 too so hopefully winning duels in the air.

Mark McAdam saying he expects at least one more, maybe two.....the second maybe depending on who goes [ hoping he means Begovic here....] He says a striker is the next one.

He's some of his long range shooting. It's not just once in a blue moon either, his shots are usually on target even if blocked or saved:

first ever goal for Town against Nottingham Forrest

Cardiff

included the one against Southampton given they are your local rivals

There we go enjoy. I'd have liked him to stay but its clear a move is better for both Phil and the club.

A 10 min profile last summer (before the season all went wrong)

Thanks for taking the time to put that together and to post - funnily enough it's his goal against Southampton that most endears him to me.

I echo the thanks to John Smith for taking the time and trouble to post.

I was disappointed when you went down last year because yours was such a great awayday: good beer, excellent food (if you know where to go, and I was well advised), friendly people and even a top quality small art gallery to pop into. Come back soon, assuming we stay up.

Mark McAdam saying he expects at least one more, maybe two.....the second maybe depending on who goes [ hoping he means Begovic here....] He says a striker is the next one.
I think what he meant is 1 or 2 if nobody leaves, potentially more if there are departures.

I'd be very happy to shut the window now and keep everyone in place with no further additions.

Sure there's a case to be made for a keeper or wide forward, but I don't think they're critical by any means. I'd have absolutely bitten your hand off in May if offered right/left full backs, a big central midfielder, and key players remaining.

I was disappointed when you went down last year because yours was such a great awayday: good beer, excellent food (if you know where to go, and I was well advised), friendly people and even a top quality small art gallery to pop into. Come back soon, assuming we stay up.

Thanks. 'knock on the wood' things are looking decent for the season to come. We have a new model Huddersfield or a Town 2.0. Attacking 433, something like Liverpool (clearly not the same level). Having a pre-season is allowing Siewert to show what he is about. He seems to be a very good coach/manager with the team responding to him, the player organised and clear in their roles.

With Big Phil, I know he will get a lot of stick from Town fans for effectively giving up last season. None of us will know what happened unless the person was in the room. I like the lad and know how tremendously high his potential is. All he needs is to be keep switched on for 90 mins in a game and build that consistency.

All the best to the Cherries and Phil Billing. Hopefully a good season for you and Town.

We beat huddersfield 2-1 at home and it should have bee 4-2 to hudd

How we managed to beat them at home I'll never know. If they'd had a striker, it would have been about 4-2 huddersfield. Mooy and Billing controlled the midfield.

Thanks. 'knock on the wood' things are looking decent for the season to come. We have a new model Huddersfield or a Town 2.0. Attacking 433, something like Liverpool (clearly not the same level). Having a pre-season is allowing Siewert to show what he is about. He seems to be a very good coach/manager with the team responding to him, the player organised and clear in their roles.

With Big Phil, I know he will get a lot of stick from Town fans for effectively giving up last season. None of us will know what happened unless the person was in the room. I like the lad and know how tremendously high his potential is. All he needs is to be keep switched on for 90 mins in a game and build that consistency.

All the best to the Cherries and Phil Billing. Hopefully a good season for you and Town.

You have got an old captain of ours now in Tommy Elphick, did a good job for us and hope he does the same for you.

Tommy wore his heart on his sleeve when at Dean Court.

;