Philip

Some time ago I likened Billing to an Easter Island statue. He never seemed to move about much, didn't use his height advantage to head the ball and generally looked disinterested. However I am now happy to say that there has been a noticeable change in his on pitch displays. He can look threatening at times and has shown he has goals in his locker. Keep it up Phil Bill! :clap:

Incredible that Phil Bill has got through all the criticism and slander from some fans and become a bit of a superstar for us!

There is no doubting that his goals recently have propelled us to where we are currently...

what's next?....

super Diego Rico bombing down the flanks and being the new Cafu?

Mepham being a collosus like Ramos at the back?

Surridge doing a Salah?

Lerma not getting a single booking unti 2023?

Incredible that Phil Bill has got through all the criticism and slander from some fans and become a bit of a superstar for us!

It's not just the goals. Phil Bill has become a mobile player.

That said, the whole side is reverting to the kind of forward play that we enjoyed under Eddie last time out in the 2nd Division. Remember when every player would be looking for a space and we expected the midfield to be involved in goals? That style we gradually abandoned during the Prem years to become more static. Could this be an indicator of what JW has added?

Well I must put my hand up and say I was wrong about Billing. A month or so back I would have happily got rid of him. He was disinterested and useless. EH couldn't get much out of him, Tindall even less, but Woodgate seems to have got him playing. Higher up the pitch, scoring and creating. Well done to him and Woodgate. Probably one of the first names on the teamsheet now !

Well I must put my hand up and say I was wrong about Billing. A month or so back I would have happily got rid of him. He was disinterested and useless. EH couldn't get much out of him, Tindall even less, but Woodgate seems to have got him playing. Higher up the pitch, scoring and creating. Well done to him and Woodgate. Probably one of the first names on the teamsheet now !
He says he likes his new role as a number ten, which is obviously part of it. He enjoys doing what he is being asked to do for a change. But I also think JW has been building him up behind the scenes and giving him some "arm around the shoulder" love. I have an inkling that Billing is one of those players who needs to feel appreciated before he can produce his best. JW certainly seems to have put him in a good place at the moment and it is really benefitting the whole team.

;