Philip

"Philip Billing admits he is considering switching his international allegiance to Nigeria, after failing to make Denmark's Euro 2020 squad."

Philip Billing may switch allegiance after Euro 2020 snub | Bournemouth Echo

I think this nicely sums up why I'd be happy if Billing was one of the players to leave. Obviously not a happy bunny if he doesn't get his own way as 4 managers have now discovered. Or is it 5?

Would you be happy playing the best 5 months of football and not getting in a squad you should probably walk into? He’s been immense for us in his new position, no issues with him here

Would you be happy playing the best 5 months of football and not getting in a squad you should probably walk into? He’s been immense for us in his new position, no issues with him here

He's had a good half, well more like a third, actually, season in the Championship and eventually played his part in keeping us in the play-offs. Other than that he was Championship average at best and below average too often. The problem isn't his ability, it's his attitude. 4 managers have failed to get the best out of him for long and when he's unhappy it seems like the whole squads unhappy.

He's had a good half, well more like a third, actually, season in the Championship and eventually played his part in keeping us in the play-offs. Other than that he was Championship average at best and below average too often. The problem isn't his ability, it's his attitude. 4 managers have failed to get the best out of him for long and when he's unhappy it seems like the whole squads unhappy.
Exactly.

Don’t understand all this love in with him. He played about 12 decent games for us this season, in the Championship after 3/4 of the season walking about.

Didnt realise saying he’d played a good 5 months of football was suddenly a ‘love in’. All I’m saying is he should feel aggrieved not being in the Denmark squad.
Apologises, wasn’t aimed at you specifically, just other people, mainly on Twitter.

Also not sure he should feel that aggrieved, it’s not like he’s been a regular in the squad for years

Didnt realise saying he’d played a good 5 months of football was suddenly a ‘love in’. All I’m saying is he should feel aggrieved not being in the Denmark squad.

Agree with you here. I think others are being unreasonably judgemental by criticising him for wanting to play international football. Woody found his best position, and since then he's generally been really good. I think he deserved a call up. As for the comments about him not getting his own way, it's really none of our business which country he chooses to play for. Think of all the Irish players over the years with an Irish grandparent. Have we criticised them? What about people saying Bamford should try with Ireland?

Apologises, wasn’t aimed at you specifically, just other people, mainly on Twitter.

Also not sure he should feel that aggrieved, it’s not like he’s been a regular in the squad for years

Denmark squad isn’t made up of top tier players like England. They have to cast their net a little wider. Billing has been called up numerous times some of which were in a bit of a poor spell for him I just think after his form recently he can feel upset

Denmark squad isn’t made up of top tier players like England. They have to cast their net a little wider. Billing has been called up numerous times some of which were in a bit of a poor spell for him I just think after his form recently he can feel upset
Two midfield players he was fighting for a place with came from Brentford.
Mathias Jensen and Christian Norgaard are always in the National team who picked up 4 pts vs England in the Nations Cup.
Billing has played only once for the national team, a friendly vs Faroe Islands, where he was taken off after 70 mins.
Looking at the squad players teams i would say AFCB were one of the lower teams.

https://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=783

Danish Midfielders
Thomas Delaney, Borussia Dortmund 52 caps
Christian Eriksen, Inter Milan 106 caps
Pierre Hojbjerg, Spurs 40 caps
Daniel Wass, Valencia 28 caps
Then the two Brentford players. with 9 caps.
Billing really didn't stand a chance of getting picked.

;