Play-Off Dates

billythekid

UTC Legend
Echo

Should Cherries cement themselves in a play-off position, the Dorset club would compete in the first leg of the play-off semi-finals on Monday, May 17.

The second leg of the Championship semi-finals are then scheduled for Saturday, May 22.

If Cherries were to progress to the Wembley final, they would step out at the home of English football on Saturday, May 29 (3pm).

The League One play-off final is set to take place on Sunday, with the play-off schedule rounded off by the League Two final on Monday, May 31.

I'm at a wedding :mad::mad::mad: Ar*e and Boll*cks...

I looked this up recently and online it said they were the other way around with the Championship being on the Monday...

Not that I am counting my chickens or anything but 'if' we'd got there and fans were allowed in... Well, I don't think I need to say anymore...

If I have got it right, then the Second Division play offs are as follows:

1st leg Monday 17th 18.00 or 20.15

2nd leg Saturday 22 12.30 or 17.30

Final Saturday 29 15.00

Let's hope that we are affected.

If I have got it right, then the Second Division play offs are as follows:

1st leg Monday 17th 18.00 or 20.15

2nd leg Saturday 22 12.30 or 17.30

Final Saturday 29 15.00

Let's hope that we are affected.

EFL Clubs from the Championship get the action under way on Monday 17 May, with the first legs in all three divisions due to be completed by Thursday 20 May.

The Play-Off Semi-Final second legs will take place between 21-23 May, including three fixtures from the Championship and League One on Saturday 22 May.

EFL Clubs to finish between 3rd and 6th place will earn a Play-Off spot in the Championship and League One, with League Two occupied by those to finish between 4th and 7th at the end of the regular season.

The Finals weekend at Wembley will take place across the May Bank Holiday, with the Championship on Saturday 29 May, League One on Sunday 30 May, and the League Two finale on Monday 31 May.

Last edited:
I'm at a wedding :mad::mad::mad: Ar*e and Boll*cks...

I looked this up recently and online it said they were the other way around with the Championship being on the Monday...

Not that I am counting my chickens or anything but 'if' we'd got there and fans were allowed in... Well, I don't think I need to say anymore...
The championship game used to always be the last one. Looks like they have swapped it around

They used to be, but I think it has been this way recently. Dunno why they changed

IIRC they changed it around as Div 2 clubs were more likely to have players in international tournaments than div 4 teams.

No idea if they still do it the other way around in non-tournament years as, err, I've not been following lower league football for a few years. I'll add that to the list of comments I never thought I'd need!

Pretty sure it’ll be 4,000 for the semi finals and at larger stadia like Wembley 10,000

Talk Sport had this today.

The play-offs will then begin on May 17, which coincides with the date when supporters could be allowed back.

In February, Boris Johnson announced that supporters may be able to return from that date in limited numbers.

Up to 10,000 people or a quarter of the capacity, whichever is smaller, will be permitted in the largest venues, such as Wembley Stadium.

However, smaller arenas will be limited to either 4,000 people or half of their capacity, whichever is lower.

The government will run a series of pilots from this month with the FA Cup semi-final between Leicester and Southampton and the Carabao Cup final among the first games to see fans back.

Last edited:
The EFL cup final this Saturday has allowed fans in attendance.

The FA cup semis are also allowing fans in.

These are supposedly 'test events ' for the Euro's this summer.

From that I can't see any reason to not have fans in attendance for the PO finals.

However, whether these fans are local to Wembley and/or from outside the area remains to be seen.

;