Players To Come In For Next Season?

Valued at £5 million, thought we read Spurs wanted double that.

Carter-Vickers spent last season on loan at Bournemouth and the Cherries and Newcastle are also interested in a permanent move for the 6ft central defender who is valued at £5m and has eight caps for the USA.

But Celtic, who are also in advanced talks with Rubin Kazan over Sweden international defender Carl Starfelt, would seriously interest the 23-year-old particularly with the Champions League qualifying campaign just around the corner.

A well-placed source said: “Cameron is looking for a new challenge and a few clubs are interested. Celtic and Bournemouth are the most serious right now. He’s looking to get something sorted as soon as he can with the season just around the corner.”

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport...s/cameron-carter-vickers-keen-celtic-24491229

Valued at £5 million, thought we read Spurs wanted double that.

Carter-Vickers spent last season on loan at Bournemouth and the Cherries and Newcastle are also interested in a permanent move for the 6ft central defender who is valued at £5m and has eight caps for the USA.

But Celtic, who are also in advanced talks with Rubin Kazan over Sweden international defender Carl Starfelt, would seriously interest the 23-year-old particularly with the Champions League qualifying campaign just around the corner.

A well-placed source said: “Cameron is looking for a new challenge and a few clubs are interested. Celtic and Bournemouth are the most serious right now. He’s looking to get something sorted as soon as he can with the season just around the corner.”

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport...s/cameron-carter-vickers-keen-celtic-24491229

always thought 10 million seemed grossly unrealistic for him.

If this comes off, we may get CCV if we make an offer soon.

SPURS STILL IN TOMIYASU TALKS

Tottenham remain in talks with Bologna for Takehiro Tomiyasu - and hope to complete the signing during the Tokyo Olympics, according to the Daily Telegraph.

Assuming there won't be a huge amount of spend, I like the look of Scully at Lincoln. He's still quite raw but the talent is clearly there. His old man played for us in the original great escape season.

We also need a couple of centre halves and I would do everything to sign CCV.

Yes. Did really well. We need to sure up our defence. Has been a weakness for so long. Would dearly love to see Meps achieve his potential. He did well for Wales this summer. Not sure he'll get much game time with us, though if Cookie stays. Surely Parker will bring in another centre half or two. Has to unless he sees Kelly in that role.

Updated version of ''my recruitment plan''.

-Asmir Begovic (potential £2m and £70k p/w of the wage bill)
-Adam Smith (End of Contract, £30k p/w
-Chris Mepham (£9m, £25k p/w)
-Lloyd Kelly (£10m, £25k p/w)
-Diego Rico (£3m, £25k p/w)
-Jefferson Lerma (£15m, £50k p/w)
-Phil Billing (£10m, £30k p/w)
-Jack Wilshere (End of Contract, £20k p/w)
-Arnaut Danjuma (£25m, £30k p/w)
-David Brooks (£15m, £40k p/w)
-Junior Stanislas (End of contract, £30k p/w)
-Cameron Carter-Vickers (End of loan, £15k p/w)
-Roro Riquelme (End of loan, £5k p/w)
-Shane Long (End of loan, £20k p/w)

That is a total of £120m income (£89m in transfers and £31m in parachute payments for 2021/22) and £415k p/w of the wage bill.

This then leaves us with a squad of: (Players inc. U21's for areas lacking depth)

(Players in bold are players which we know are good enough at this level)

Goalkeepers= Mark Travers and Will Dennis

Right backs= Jack Stacey and Brooklyn Genesini

Centre Backs= Steve Cook, Dinesh Gillela and Corey Jordan

Left Backs= Jordan Zemura and Ben Greenwood

Centre Midfielders= Ben Pearson, Lewis Cook, Gavin Kilkenny and Luke Nippard

Wingers= Keelan O'Connell and Ryan Glover

Attacking Midfielders= Emiliano Marcondes

Forwards= Sam Surridge, Dom Solanke and Jaidon Anthony

No disrespect to our U21's, but I do not think they will be able to compete at this level, just yet anyway.

Over the season i have come up with a list of potential players we could realistically sign, this list being of about 400 players in total. I have narrowed it down and this is what i have come up with (inc. potential transfer price and weekly wage):

*I previously spoke (in my previous comment) about Atkinson, Pollock, McGuiness and Twine, all of which have signed for other teams since then.

- Christian Walton (GK) on a free from Brighton, £5k p/w
- George Tanner (RB) for £250k from Carlisle, £3k p/w
- Lewis Montsma (CB) for £500k from Lincoln, £4k p/w
- Micky Van der Ven (CB) on a free from Volendam, £5k p/w
- Jason Kerr (CB) for £400k from St. Johnstone, £5k p/w
- Derry Murkin (LB) for 250k from Volendam, £3k p/w
- Harry Toffolo (LB) for £850k from Huddersfield, £12k p/w
- Conor Grant (CM) for £500k from Plymouth, £5k p/w
- Jack Taylor (CM) for £500k from Peterborough, £6k p/w
- Josh Sims (W) on a free from Southampton, £5k p/w
- Jesper Karlsson (W) for £7m from AZ Alkmaar, £20k p/w
- Chris Fuhrich (W) on loan from Dortmund, £4k p/w
- Jesper Lindstrom (W) for £5.5m from Brondby, £15k p/w
- Taylor Richards (AM) on loan from Brighton, £5k p/w
- Ryan Gauld (AM) on a free from Farense, £10k p/w
- Charlie Wyke (CF) on a free from Sunderland, £10k p/w
- Luke Jephcott (CF) for £500k from Plymouth, £3k p/w

The two Jesper's were a stretch but even so, all this is do-able with a proactive board. £16.25m investment in transfers alone (I obviously know there is more to it than that). £120k in wages.

The team then looks like this:
View attachment 6008
Update: Jesper Lindstrom has signed a 5 year deal with Frankfurt. £4m + £1.5m add-ons (as predicted). Meanwhile, were pissing about after someone like Diagne.

Update: Jesper Lindstrom has signed a 5 year deal with Frankfurt. £4m + £1.5m add-ons (as predicted). Meanwhile, were pissing about after someone like Diagne.
We’re not though are we. You have no idea who we are after. We’re certainly not after a 29 striker on massive wages

So because it was mentioned (probably made up) on some random website we were interested, we're pissing about waisting our time on him.

Honestly, why don't some of you just calm down & let the club get on with it.

They finally got their main target in to be our manager. Signed what looks to be a promising player from Brentford, which none of us had a clue was going to happen & Smithy has committed to us for another couple of years yesterday.

I'm quite happy with the way they're going about their business so far this summer & would rather have it this way, than worrying about some bulls*it rumour that is probably made up.

So because it was mentioned (probably made up) on some random website we were interested, we're pissing about waisting our time on him.

They finally got their main target in to be our manager. Signed what looks to be a promising player from Brentford, which none of us had a clue was going to happen & Smithy has committed to us for another couple of years yesterday.

I'm quite happy with the way they're going about their business so far this summer & would rather have it this way, than worrying about some bulls*it rumour that is probably made up.
Probably true that the Diagne rumour is ********************************.

Probably is made up, but Marcondes, a 26 year old benchwarmer from Brentford is not promising. Nor is Adam Smith for another 2 years good. Stacey is just as good, arguably better, younger and on lower wages. He is just a waste of a squad place. Would have been better putting the money elsewhere.

Probably true that the Diagne rumour is ********************************.

Probably is made up, but Marcondes, a 26 year old benchwarmer from Brentford is not promising. Nor is Adam Smith for another 2 years good. Stacey is just as good, arguably better, younger and on lower wages. He is just a waste of a squad place. Would have been better putting the money elsewhere.

How do you know Stacey is on lower wages?

;