Players To Come In For Next Season?

Hopefully the Downes rumours are true. He would cost 1m + though so have my doubts…
Agreed, too much of a punt. Know he can produce at this level as he has before, but he has a bad injury record and probably wont start either, so spending anything over £1m would be questionable. He wouldn't be my first choice but I wouldn't be against it.

As for Scott Dann, I wouldn't touch him with a bargepole. Not because I think he is a bad player, because I have always thought he was quite talented, ever since his Birmingham City days. It is that he is an injury prone 34 year old. We may not know whether he will stand up to the relentless schedule of the championship, therefore, it is too much of a big risk, especially if it included Steve Cook going out the door (I don't think it will). Lets say he does step up and adds a bit of leadership that we lack, maybe we go up. What happens then, he'll want a 2 year deal, surely, for a bit of financial security. We are then stuck with a 35 year old centre half in premier league. Wouldn't mind taking a look at Georgian centre back, Luka Lochoshvili, from Wolfsberger. 6ft 3in left footer, who can play out from the back. Anyway, I digress, whatever happens Steve Cook should be apart of the starting 2/3, with or without Scott Dann.

Doubt we'd get anything near what we paid for him, plus his wage demands.

A fee paying loan and them covering (most?)his wages is more realistic imo.

Grimes would be another solid signing indeed - captained Swansea to the play-offs with 51 appearances and 5 goals. Would be a welcomed leader and a player with great experience in this league. He's also in the last year of his contract so should be able to get him fairly cheap.

If not, then Downes also looks a decent player. It's clear we need another centre mid with Cook's ACL and Lerma's 6-match ban leaving us just Pearson (and Billing, I guess) in the middle.

Not sure about Scott Dann, though. Maybe his experience would be good or he would be a good back up but didn't we release Franno and Daniels for being a little too experienced? Maybe that was to do with their wages as well, though. Not sure I would go with a 34 year old.. although Italy's centre backs....

Depends on his fitness, injury history, length of contract and salary I suppose.

Not a bad shout, be better to get a fee for him though. Rumour Valencia interested on here the other d

;