Players To Come In For Next Season?

For all the deserved plaudits for the youngsters last night, I don’t think it’s fair or right that we should be relying on them if we are going for a promotion push.

I think we still need at least a goalkeeper, central defender, attacking wide man and a striker.
This. They have shown that they are more than able to play a part, but it’s not fair or realistic to expect them to play every week if we are looking to do something this season. The bench last night was frightening to be honest, we need more bodies in as soon as possible.

I don't see the Kilkenny worship, he made 2 passes that Lerma makes all the time, is it because he's from youth team and bit more energetic? Thought Zemura was our best youngster.

I think Kilkenny has a real creativity that we've been lacking for a long time. Great passes but also skill on the ball. Admittedly, less so in second half last night as they were onto him but I think with some heavy work in the gym, he could well be what we've been waiting for in terms of a creative midfielder.

A reasonable result versus a far bigger club..early days...and interesting things to come.
Then ...:hmmm::help::confused:...in a few days I go on to read that some of those decent young players are being 'loaned out' to Cousin Yeovil or up along Cosy Oldham...or Bristol Gas!

I don't see the Kilkenny worship, he made 2 passes that Lerma makes all the time, is it because he's from youth team and bit more energetic? Thought Zemura was our best youngster.
His influence wained after an hour. Thats where the need for an actual squad comes in, normally we'd have the option to sub on fresh legs.

To step up into a pivotal role in Parker's system and pull strings, keep things ticking, against a high pressing promotion favourite, for an hour is a big success.

This. They have shown that they are more than able to play a part, but it’s not fair or realistic to expect them to play every week if we are looking to do something this season. The bench last night was frightening to be honest, we need more bodies in as soon as possible.
You're right the bench was so weak last night, thats why Parker never made any subs until the last couple of minutes. Until we get some players back any points like last night will be gratefully received. I thought we were very weak down our left side although to be fair the second goal was brilliantly constructed down there. Goalkeeper - Travers just doesn't command enough for me. Solanke needs help up front. Can't see us spending a lot even if Danjuma goes.

Parker has made no secret that he would like to add to his group in recent weeks and insisted the club’s lack of recruitment was not for the want of trying.

Asked whether he was confident of signings being round the corner, the Cherries boss said: “I am confident. At this moment in time and where we are in a season, there’s not much business being taken.

“I’m not just talking for us, I’m talking in general. Clubs won’t want to loan players out, they are holding on to them until Premier League clubs – so that’s always going to be a delay.

“And, of course, with the pandemic and what we are in and any hurdles you face in any transfer market, it’s sometimes very difficult. That’s the challenges we are facing along with every other football club.

“I’m hoping in the coming weeks, you normally find the longer the transfer window goes on, a lot more activity happens and hopefully that will be the case.

“This is not through a lack of effort or a lack of desire of doing it. I can honestly say to you there is constant dialogue literally by the hour in terms of us trying our hardest to get players in.

You can chop all this up into different pots if you wish .but we are in a Tinpot...and all the best. 'Accomplished at the Art' players are at Chelsea, Manu etc.....so getting anywhere near perfection is in dream territory innit..players have flaws in their overall output.
Add in ..that results are somewhat of a Lottery if you factor in referee decisions, players awaiting transfer, injuries and weather....I say weather because there is such a thing as ' fair weather' players' !

So basically its best to just not ' expect' things to be straightforward in Our Football ..especially at the lower levels.

Parker has made no secret that he would like to add to his group in recent weeks and insisted the club’s lack of recruitment was not for the want of trying.

Asked whether he was confident of signings being round the corner, the Cherries boss said: “I am confident. At this moment in time and where we are in a season, there’s not much business being taken.

“I’m not just talking for us, I’m talking in general. Clubs won’t want to loan players out, they are holding on to them until Premier League clubs – so that’s always going to be a delay.

“And, of course, with the pandemic and what we are in and any hurdles you face in any transfer market, it’s sometimes very difficult. That’s the challenges we are facing along with every other football club.

“I’m hoping in the coming weeks, you normally find the longer the transfer window goes on, a lot more activity happens and hopefully that will be the case.

“This is not through a lack of effort or a lack of desire of doing it. I can honestly say to you there is constant dialogue literally by the hour in terms of us trying our hardest to get players in.

It's going something like this..
"Can we afford..." "Nope"
"Can we buy?"... "Nope"

You're right the bench was so weak last night, thats why Parker never made any subs until the last couple of minutes. Until we get some players back any points like last night will be gratefully received. I thought we were very weak down our left side although to be fair the second goal was brilliantly constructed down there. Goalkeeper - Travers just doesn't command enough for me. Solanke needs help up front. Can't see us spending a lot even if Danjuma goes.
Both goals came down the left hand side to be fair. Agree re Travers. We definitely need some more bodies in for sure.

I would say we need GK (on loan, Travers is definitely good enough long term), right winger and a striker.

I think we're looking okay at CB (Cook/Kelly at LCB and Mepham/Iben Rossi at RCB). We're strong in midfield when Lerma, L. Cook and Pearson come back and the left wing shared between Stan and Anthony looks decent to me.

But we definitely need competition/back-up for Solanke and Brooks.

Have to say that Lloyd Kelly looked very assured last night, and pushing on from his very good LB performances at the back of last season... I thought JZ did 'ok' last night but he is perhaps not enough to be relied upon for the entire season, so getting S.Cook and Davis back will enable us to have cover across all of the back, even though we looked dodgy every time the ball came in, but I think that is more to do with the GK situation than the back 4 unit...

We def need a solid No.1 and someone else up top to support/push Solanke... Brooks also needs that rocket up his **************** that another top right winger would bring...

A decent game last night but we will get found out very quickly with that XI out there each week... Assuming Lerma and Danjuma will go, Pearson, L.Cook, and Kilkenny 'should' be enough to compete across the middle for now...

Be nice to add some height into the side... Very reminiscent of some of SOD's sides atm..

Yes, it's a shame Billing can't head well. He's admitted that despite his height, heading isn't one of his strengths.

See that Spurs have just spent big on Romero, a CB from Atalanta. Clearly CCV is going out the door - maybe a season long loan with an obligation to buy if we get promoted would suit all parties?

kilkenny battled alright tonight - + pearson and lewis cook aren’t ‘battlers’ ?

don’t understand the need for this Ipswich kid personally
The difference is Kilkenny, Cook and Pearson are number 6's. Downes is more of a Lerma replacement if anything. (Assuming he goes) He would play in place of one of the Danes. Obviously in physically demanding games like last night.

;