Players To Come In For Next Season?

Watching QPR v Millwall.
Jed Wallace looking excellent, and also looking for a move by not signing a new contract.

Lol Russell Martin's Swansea are 2-1 down against Blackburn....lots of pointless possession for Swansea.... ..over 70%.....Blackburn are dominating on the chances and shots front though.....I'd love for us to sign Tyrhys Dolan to compete with Brooks on the right .... fantastic player.

No Dembele in Peterborough's squad today. Armstrong not in the Blackburn squad either. Seems to be the way it goes nowadays.

So we have reached that point where so many cry that we need 3-4 more players before the window ends. So I thought I would line up a comparison (attached) of the current squad vs last year's which made the play-offs, to illustrate the squad size is pretty much right as it is. I have aligned players to their previous year's counterpart(s) to show how well or otherwise we are placed right now.

No two years will be the same for injuries, but bearing in mind Pearson and CCV weren't in the picture until Jan, then by the same token the Jan window can be an insurance if the physio's room gets full.

We don't know the fate of Danjuma, so a replacement when he leaves will be key. I have assumed Junior won't be fit enough to fill his shoes, and in fact Jaidon fills Juniors relegating him to replacing Roro, illustrating how in some ways we have improved options.

I have also excluded Jeff, not because he want's to go or because I want him to, just an instinct that when he has worked off the ban in this country from our early fixtures that an offer will come in from elsewhere.

If you assume we play less often with 3 at the back and kelly won't be needed at left back if Zemura and Davis sort that position, then defensively we only need to replace anyone that goes.

So for me, I would only be looking at replacements should players leave as there doesn't look like space except perhaps for attacking cover for Dom should he get injured. But that still brings us back to whether Arnie leaves and who replaces him, as someone in similar style to Arnie or to that fact King would be able to provide goals and back-up to Dom.

Its shaping up quite well,imo

Attachments

• Squad comparison.pdf
    53.7 KB · Views: 49
So we have reached that point where so many cry that we need 3-4 more players before the window ends. So I thought I would line up a comparison (attached) of the current squad vs last year's which made the play-offs, to illustrate the squad size is pretty much right as it is. I have aligned players to their previous year's counterpart(s) to show how well or otherwise we are placed right now.

No two years will be the same for injuries, but bearing in mind Pearson and CCV weren't in the picture until Jan, then by the same token the Jan window can be an insurance if the physio's room gets full.

We don't know the fate of Danjuma, so a replacement when he leaves will be key. I have assumed Junior won't be fit enough to fill his shoes, and in fact Jaidon fills Juniors relegating him to replacing Roro, illustrating how in some ways we have improved options.

I have also excluded Jeff, not because he want's to go or because I want him to, just an instinct that when he has worked off the ban in this country from our early fixtures that an offer will come in from elsewhere.

If you assume we play less often with 3 at the back and kelly won't be needed at left back if Zemura and Davis sort that position, then defensively we only need to replace anyone that goes.

So for me, I would only be looking at replacements should players leave as there doesn't look like space except perhaps for attacking cover for Dom should he get injured. But that still brings us back to whether Arnie leaves and who replaces him, as someone in similar style to Arnie or to that fact King would be able to provide goals and back-up to Dom.

Its shaping up quite well,imo

The squad most definitely is not fine as it is. Still need a goalkeeper and forward bare minimum - if either Solanke or Travers get injured as it is then we’re in trouble.

From the start of last season we’ve lost Begovic, Rico, Surridge, King, Gosling, Simpson, Riquelme and Ofoborh as squad options, and gained only Pearson, Marcondes and Davis. Still need a goalkeeper, forward and attacking midfielder really.

The squad most definitely is not fine as it is. Still need a goalkeeper and forward bare minimum - if either Solanke or Travers get injured as it is then we’re in trouble.

From the start of last season we’ve lost Begovic, Rico, Surridge, King, Gosling, Simpson, Riquelme and Ofoborh as squad options, and gained only Pearson, Marcondes and Davis. Still need a goalkeeper, forward and attacking midfielder really.

Name me any player that you think we can't do without if they are injured, and I will share how we could. Make it extra hard by naming any 2 other players who could also be injured that I can't use to cover.

I'll be fair and not do a Chris Sutton style hypothetical change. Any body can overspend and load a squad full of contingency but the real skill is valuing what you have!

;