Players we want out in the summer-

Green_Cherry

Reserves
I know the board needs a clear out (Neil Blake.....) but the shear lack of leadership and quality on the pitch is worrying to say the least. If we want to re-build we need to clear some players out! So who?

My picks are:

Steve Cook - Has been a great servant to the club for many years and arguably on of the best, but as the captain it's his responsibility to kick the players up the a*se so to speak but he simply is not doing this and his passes are shoddy. Yes some of them are great balls to the strikers but his simple short balls are intercepted far to often! We could sell him for a couple of million max and that's enough to get a replacement in the championship. Sorry but his time has come

Adam Smith - I know what your thinking, this is just a list of the old guard but i promise its not! Smithy was a stand out performer in the premier league but after coming down he has lost his signature pace which could glide past defenders and get a good cross in. He is not doing this anymore! His defending has never been his strong point but somehow it has got worse. So whats the point of him anymore? It may be harsh but now is the time to be...

Lewis Cook - This is a more difficult one because he has been a stand out performer this season so why would we really want to get rid of him? Ill tell you - MONEY! He could achieve a pretty figure to the right club maybe £10 - 12 million if we play our cards right. We obviously won't but one lives in hope....

Billing - See above but perhaps less money involved. I would be hesitant to sell both however unless we we sure a solid replacement was coming in or we signed Wilshere.

Brooks - This is simple, he has done nothing all season, constantly injured and thinks he's better than he is. Honestly sell him for free just to save on his wages

Kelly or Rico - Neither have been brilliant, i am personally a Rico fan but I can't deny he has been rubbish. If one goes Zemura goes up a step which is a win win!

Kilkenny - Sorry and all but i don't think he has it. I would sell him to a lower league club with a sell on clause just in case he becomes amazing. Again it moves someone else up the pecking order.

DOMINIC SOLANKE - Well now we come to Solanke... We signed him for £19mil thinking he would be the next Jermaine Defoe i'm guessing, but how wrong we were! Don't get me wrong he had a better game today but they are too few and far between. He has scored 11 this season which is the joint top but for a young experienced striker like himself, he should have nearly double that if you take into consideration the amount of shots and chances he has had! It is time to admit they were wrong to sign him and let him go before the loss of money gets any bigger with his wages.

Some others may go such as Mepham and Stanislas or Danjuma even but i would keep RORO because in the few minutes he has played he has impressed me. For such a young and inexperienced player, he looks confident and there is a lot of room for improvement which I find exiting. I would also obviously keep Carter-Vickers because he has been a brick wall in the defense.

I know many of you may disagree with me completely and i'm fine with that. I am interested to see what players other fans would sell and keep.

Every one of the players has the ability to perform well at this level or higher. It is about getting a manager in who can get the best out of them at both a personal level and at a team level. They look totally lost at the moment, get a decent manager in and they could look so different.
Having said that I would definitely get shot of Billing.

I know the board needs a clear out (Neil Blake.....) but the shear lack of leadership and quality on the pitch is worrying to say the least. If we want to re-build we need to clear some players out! So who?

My picks are:

Steve Cook - Has been a great servant to the club for many years and arguably on of the best, but as the captain it's his responsibility to kick the players up the a*se so to speak but he simply is not doing this and his passes are shoddy. Yes some of them are great balls to the strikers but his simple short balls are intercepted far to often! We could sell him for a couple of million max and that's enough to get a replacement in the championship. Sorry but his time has come

Adam Smith - I know what your thinking, this is just a list of the old guard but i promise its not! Smithy was a stand out performer in the premier league but after coming down he has lost his signature pace which could glide past defenders and get a good cross in. He is not doing this anymore! His defending has never been his strong point but somehow it has got worse. So whats the point of him anymore? It may be harsh but now is the time to be...

Lewis Cook - This is a more difficult one because he has been a stand out performer this season so why would we really want to get rid of him? Ill tell you - MONEY! He could achieve a pretty figure to the right club maybe £10 - 12 million if we play our cards right. We obviously won't but one lives in hope....

Billing - See above but perhaps less money involved. I would be hesitant to sell both however unless we we sure a solid replacement was coming in or we signed Wilshere.

Brooks - This is simple, he has done nothing all season, constantly injured and thinks he's better than he is. Honestly sell him for free just to save on his wages

Kelly or Rico - Neither have been brilliant, i am personally a Rico fan but I can't deny he has been rubbish. If one goes Zemura goes up a step which is a win win!

Kilkenny - Sorry and all but i don't think he has it. I would sell him to a lower league club with a sell on clause just in case he becomes amazing. Again it moves someone else up the pecking order.

DOMINIC SOLANKE - Well now we come to Solanke... We signed him for £19mil thinking he would be the next Jermaine Defoe i'm guessing, but how wrong we were! Don't get me wrong he had a better game today but they are too few and far between. He has scored 11 this season which is the joint top but for a young experienced striker like himself, he should have nearly double that if you take into consideration the amount of shots and chances he has had! It is time to admit they were wrong to sign him and let him go before the loss of money gets any bigger with his wages.

Some others may go such as Mepham and Stanislas or Danjuma even but i would keep RORO because in the few minutes he has played he has impressed me. For such a young and inexperienced player, he looks confident and there is a lot of room for improvement which I find exiting. I would also obviously keep Carter-Vickers because he has been a brick wall in the defense.

I know many of you may disagree with me completely and i'm fine with that. I am interested to see what players other fans would sell and keep.

Surely this is a wind up? I was going to comment In depth but I’ll save time on this one point - So we keep Riquelme based on the 20 mins of football you’ve seen (including being hauled off at half time v reading on his debut) but we clear some players out who have displayed loyalty, quality and skill for years.

I need a lie down

It's not what I want to happen, but I think the likes of Lerma, Kelly, Brooks, Danjuma, Smith, Steve Cook, Billing, Wilshere, Stanislas, Carter-Vickers, Solanke are likely to be off at the end of the season. They won't want to be heading towards League 1 next year.

Last edited:
it is not what want to happen it was just a thought one what direction he club could take. Under Eddie we were praised for the development of younger players and that is the direction i would personally like to move towards again. The points i mentioned are very extreme i understand that but i think most if not some could materialize and happen, not all though

We'll given that we got rid of our bigger name players, appointed JT and then JW as manager I guess the board is definitely not interested in promotion. So I guess the sensible thing is to get rid of anyone we can't afford, which is likely to be half the squad unfortunately.

Every one of the players has the ability to perform well at this level or higher. It is about getting a manager in who can get the best out of them at both a personal level and at a team level. They look totally lost at the moment, get a decent manager in and they could look so different.

Most had a “decent” manager last campaign - they pissed all over him and that has continued this season.

Id keep some of the youngsters but its a very short list of any more of the senior worth keeping.

tbh I wouldnt shed a tear if any of them left.

We'll given that we got rid of our bigger name players, appointed JT and then JW as manager I guess the board is definitely not interested in promotion. So I guess the sensible thing is to get rid of anyone we can't afford, which is likely to be half the squad unfortunately.
Is it that unfortunate? They really don’t look like they want to be here. I’d rather have players with less ability but more appetite. That way you get winners.

The same players who were too good to be relegated and now too good to be promoted.

Ability without attitude won't cut it in the championship never mind the pl.

My picks are:

We? Got a slug in your pocket?

Reactions: rgb
I think we need a new central defence that can deal with high balls into are box, it’s as if we are a team of vampires scared of crosses.

Last edited:
Which afcb players would you sign
a as manager of a top 6 pl club
b as manager of a mid table pl club
c as manager of a relegation fighting pl club

;