Playoffs

Kenya Cherrie

UTC Legend
I believe the playoffs are unfair.
The team in 3rd place should be promoted.
Many teams who are a long way ahead on points in 3rd get knocked out by a team 10 points behind in 6th. Very unfair really.
Last 5 seasons, only one team that finished 3rd got promoted.
Fulham 4th
Aston Villa 5th
Fulham 3rd
Huddersfield 5th
Hull 4th

Four teams within 1 point at this stage, a playoff seems like the right way to decide, this season anyway. I do love the idea of a playoff session, it is high drama. I don't anticipate a lot of sleep that week!

I believe the playoffs are unfair.
The team in 3rd place should be promoted.
Many teams who are a long way ahead on points in 3rd get knocked out by a team 10 points behind in 6th. Very unfair really.
Last 5 seasons, only one team that finished 3rd got promoted.
Fulham 4th
Aston Villa 5th
Fulham 3rd
Huddersfield 5th
Hull 4th

Couldn't disagree more. Everyone knows the score before a ball is kicked. If you want to avoid the playoffs then you can finish first or second. It gives more teams something to play for and is incredibly exciting.

Couldn't disagree more. Everyone knows the score before a ball is kicked. If you want to avoid the playoffs then you can finish first or second. It gives more teams something to play for and is incredibly exciting.
So why not the bottom clubs also, bottom 2 get relegated, next 2 playoff for the final relegation place.

The play-offs are fantastic. It keeps interest in the league right through to the end of the season.

There are many seasons, down the leagues where sides all the way down to 12th are still in the mix with only a couple of games to go, without the play-offs most of those sides interests are over by March and with it, the standard of football drops as the competitiveness goes, as do the attendances and income for clubs. They were a great introduction to the promotion picture.

The play-offs are fantastic. It keeps interest in the league right through to the end of the season.

There are many seasons, down the leagues where sides all the way down to 12th are still in the mix with only a couple of games to go, without the play-offs most of those sides interests are over by March and with it, the standard of football drops as the competitiveness goes, as do the attendances and income for clubs. They were a great introduction to the promotion picture.
March? Xmas more like.

Reactions: DJ
Originally the third placed team in the league below played off against the team in the third relegation spot in the league above. Got stopped after a massive riot and pitch invasion at Stamford Bridge one year.
This makes a fantastic read of the good old days !!!!!!:punch:
https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport...iddlesbroughs-battle-stamford-bridge-14691960
I was there in the Chelsea shed end with my dad as a neutral and it was by the scariest experience I have had at a game. Saw policeman beaten to the ground in the stand and kicked mercilessly. It wasn't nice!

I was there in the Chelsea shed end with my dad as a neutral and it was by the scariest experience I have had at a game. Saw policeman beaten to the ground in the stand and kicked mercilessly. It wasn't nice!
You were there? No wonder you named yourself ‘warrior’

Can we do a Watford and sack Woodgate before the play offs, man hasn't got a Scooby, he's gonna cost us promotion with his clueless management.

You were there? No wonder you named yourself ‘warrior’
Don't worry....I chose the name in jest :)
Saw some things that day that hope never to see again.
Weirdest bit was when Boro fans climbed high fence at away end and ran to half way line goading Chelsea fans. The gates at home end were all manned and closed suddenly they were all open and Chelsea fans ran onto the pitch.....the Boro fans could not run fast enough to climb back over into the safety of the away end.
Would have been quite funny if it wasn't for the extreme level of violence that was going on all around the place.

Don't worry....I chose the name in jest :)
Saw some things that day that hope never to see again.
Weirdest bit was when Boro fans climbed high fence at away end and ran to half way line goading Chelsea fans. The gates at home end were all manned and closed suddenly they were all open and Chelsea fans ran onto the pitch.....the Boro fans could not run fast enough to climb back over into the safety of the away end.
Would have been quite funny if it wasn't for the extreme level of violence that was going on all around the place.

On a similar vein, I was in the Shed end for the 1985 Milk Cup semi final against Sunderland, and it was "an experience", let's put it that way, especially after Clive Walker scored his second. Wooden benches in the stands being broken up into spears to throw at police horses, pitch invasions, huge amounts of random violence and an overall feeling of menace and intimidation, (not helped by some of the tackling on the pitch).

On a similar vein, I was in the Shed end for the 1985 Milk Cup semi final against Sunderland, and it was "an experience", let's put it that way, especially after Clive Walker scored his second. Wooden benches in the stands being broken up into spears to throw at police horses, pitch invasions, huge amounts of random violence and an overall feeling of menace and intimidation, (not helped by some of the tackling on the pitch).
Sounds a very similar experience. Lots of menace! Not a pleasant experience.

;