Please complete this survey- A Level project

Hi all,

Attached below is a survey on Google Forms looking at globalisation and the Premier League.

I would greatly appreciate it if any of you could please take the time to fill it out. It is 23 questions long and should take no more than 5 minutes.

I am conducting an A Level project which will hopefully answer the question of- “To what extent has globalisation changed Premier League football?”.

Any responses would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
George

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScc1hcuYe2OzJFcu26QKVP2N-BJ2HswG2shqd-xSRODRagekw/viewform

This question made me think:

Who is your favourite player in your club’s Premier League era?

Tough one! Unrelated to your topic I suppose but a tough one all the same.

like all good students.... I left that one blank. Didn't even show my workings.

Junior Stanislas. Built for the Premier League. Seems to score in a lot of our memorable matches (0-3 Chelsea, 2-1 Man United, 3-3 Everton). The epitome of "hard work pays off", given how bad he was in the Championship. Our most technically gifted player, IMO, and generally a joy to watch. Patiently waited for his chance without kicking up a fuss or being a d*** about it. Seems like an round nice guy too.

Long live the Stanislouse!

Junior Stanislas. Built for the Premier League. Seems to score in a lot of our memorable matches (0-3 Chelsea, 2-1 Man United, 3-3 Everton). The epitome of "hard work pays off", given how bad he was in the Championship. Our most technically gifted player, IMO, and generally a joy to watch. Patiently waited for his chance without kicking up a fuss or being a d*** about it. Seems like an round nice guy too.

Long live the Stanislouse!

Fair shout. Such a shame he has picked up so many injuries. His goals to game ratio in prem is impressive. That Everton 3-3 game is one of my favourite all time Afcb games. Quality of his finishing shown by the placement of shots vs Burnley and Huddersfield.

Think cookie has also shown that ability to improve when he struggled initially in both the champ and prem. Also scored some vital goals including the one that finally beat saints in a league game plus messi like finishing vs Villa and Liverpool!

This question made me think:

Who is your favourite player in your club’s Premier League era?

Tough one! Unrelated to your topic I suppose but a tough one all the same.

Didn’t answer that one.

We are now in our fourth season in this league, so they all have contributed.

Ake won all the awards last season as an individual for our team and couldn’t argue with that.

Don’t know if it’s just me but I’ve never bought into the concept of favourite players. I support all players equally who play for my favourite team.

As a youngster I remember standing on the South Stand in between a group of John O’Neill fans and a group of Jason Brissett fans. As they were competing for the same position, each group would boo the other player.

I’d like to think our fan base isn’t quite like that now. But you do still see on here and Twitter, fans of Marc Pugh disliking Ibe, while fans of Lewis Cook won’t say a nice word about Surman.

Last edited:
Going back to the John Bond era and the time of Ted Mac scoring all those goals. He couldn’t have done that without his sparring partner Phil Boyer and Tony Scott.

The same for our success in gaining promotion to the PL. We did it as a team, some scored more goals than others, but they needed the help of their team-mates. Then you had to stop the opposition scoring, that came down to the goalkeeper and his defenders.

So everyone played a part.

Good luck with your research George, I hope you get some reliable data. Having taught A level geography for many years, globalisation was always one of my favourite topics and I used the premier league a lot in my intro lesson - as you can obviously see it covers a lot of the key themes!!

Good luck George, hope another response helps, I'll share this on the facebook groups as well, might increase the sample (if not IQ) size

From what I've learned doing my Messageboardology A Level, most people's favourite player is the best of the substitutes ( especially if he doesn't get on ) : )

All done. For what it's worth, I think the globalisation of the Premier League is a good thing financially for our club. However some increased revenues for other clubs (Manchester United, Liverpool and Chelsea in particular) is making the league a lot less of an equal playing field which is of course bad.

Ask me again though when we get relegated as I'm sure globalisation and finances and the drops it brings will change a lot of minds. Look at the amount of clubs most recently Villa who have been financially stricken since being relegated

Thinking about it, Simon was signed on a free.

He was a mate of Lee Bradbury, but he still has been one of our best signings and reliable players, didn’t miss many games.

;