Plus ca change

Oh dear, oh dear.
I thought this was supposed to be the dream move. :lol:
Not really surprising though, he always seemed to be mentally somewhat fragile.
I think we had him in his best place ever and his performances reflected that for a while. Before and after that though his performances were all over the place, more often than not pretty poor. A bit of an enigma he is.

Seeing the same player as last season, :eek!:They were hoping for the same player as the 18/19 season, but that would appear to be a one off!

Same paper.

Ryan Fraser has also been a huge disappointment so far having arrived with a big reputation from Bournemouth where a couple of seasons back he and Wilson were the blue chip players of a more than decent side.

Fraser has failed to be available for too many matches and his body language, like that of Gayle recently, is greatly negative. Maybe Gayle has little wish to be here after being repeatedly ignored and his contract virtually up but Fraser is a different proposition.

He owes the club, the fans, and himself.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spo.../big-questions-newcastle-united-must-19894118

I honestly think there's something not right about him. In years to come I think it will come out that his career was severely hampered by depression or something.
I totally agree, in fact I have no doubt about it. He is, as I said, somehow mentally fragile and prone to prolonged phases of apparently struggling to deal with his life and career. When he is in a good place mentally, he can be a great player. But realistically he has only hit that sweet spot once and then he had the season of his career, playing for us in the PL.
IMO he was always going to be a risky signing for whomever took him on.

Look at the date and what happened next?

"All I can really say is that, for the next six months, I'll give everything for the club," he said.

"I've just talked about the last four months. That won't be happening again. I can give everything, I can track back, I can try to get my assists and goals to help the club get to where it should be in the Premier League.

"After that, I don't really know what's going to happen. But that is all I can promise.

"I'll fight for club, I'll fight for the badge, I'll fight for my team-mates, I'll fight for the manager and fans."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51315138

;